• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
just to get your thoughts, i was wondering, with the kits that retain the stock manifolds, do you think there is a chance of pre-cat debris (from age, wear, and burnout on manifold cats) flowing into the exhaust turbine? they are permanently attached correct? i have just never worried about it in past experience with installing kits because of required custom headers.

thanks,

If you want to ensure that the precats does not damage your turbo then you can gut them out or just by aftermarket headers. There would be no way for sure to know if it would happen.

I have a "no-cat" Y-Pipe from trubendz (all pipes 2,5") . Can I use it?

Yes you can use all of it but the y pipe of course. You will need to bring the car to the muffler shop and tie it all in to my pipe off the downpipe. I will only have the piping fit the stock falnge behind the Cat. I cannot possible have all the jigs for all aftermarket exhaust. The main difference is that my piping will be angled from the drivers side at a 30 degree angleto the center valley.

Joey

I've read through this post and i'm really impressed with the progress that's being made. Count me in for a kit (after tax return of course). Just want a lil more power to get me moving a lil quicker

Yes you can use all of it but the y pipe of course. You will need to bring the car to the muffler shop and tie it all in to my pipe off the downpipe. I will only have the piping fit the stock falnge behind the Cat.
Joey

So let me get this straight... It will skip over the "test pipe"/catalytic converter area of the exhaust and bolt right up to the cat-back system whether stock or aftermarket correct? And we can then decide if we need catalytic converters in there to pass emissions and such?

Tony

yes it will replace the factory one since I can't get the downpipe to collect back to it flange. You will get a off-road pipe skipping over the factory cat. connection to the second flange.

here are my pics on how the Turbo will sit in the car nothing new to us but I thought I would share the progress. The turbo here is course is mine since the turbo I order won't be here till next week. But the turbine housing bolt patterns are the same as some may ask. The Turbo clears all the walls and motor by inches and will make the install easier to put on. I will be mocking up the double 2 " down pipes into the a 2.5 flange and tomorrow I should If I don't get pestered by work this weekend have the pipes completed by early next week. I will post pics as each section is completed and remember this is the first protype where I may have to cut and reweld to get the right angles.

Oh check out the pic forum I will be posting some pics of the donor car trash motor.

here is the snap shots I promised'
turbopositioning_001.jpg

turbopositioning_002.jpg

That is looking good so far!!!

Okay okay you got me thinking of not selling my car now. damnit....

Pre-Order

Pre-Order

What's the news with pre-ordering?

I'd like to be high on the list for one of these kits. I'm willing to put a large percentage down.

don't recall if it was mentioned but will installing this kit involve relocating the battery? if not would it be suggested anyway?

You will need to relocate the battery to the trunk for two reasons. One it simply will to be too much heat for a battery and second there is not to enough room to keep it there. Oh and the plus side to that is you will be adding some weight tp the trunk keeping the weight distribution closer or better than stock.

Right now I am consulting with Tom we are trying to figure out the name of our business so we can etch in our names on the intercooler up pipe. I will setup the paypal account and email account with the name so I can receive the deposits.

How I will do this accept a minimum of 1500.00 to put you on the list for positioning of the kits going out to the buyers. Now When I list the names the first person to pay in full will hit the top of the list but can't jump another full paid buyer either and below these customers will be deposits only customers in the order they came in. There will be a non-refundable 500.00 once you put the money down therefore you can take as long as you want to pay out the rest. If you don't have the money in a week when I call you when your kit is done then the next guy gets the kit under you and so on. I will post a price of the kit(base kit) by then I will have my name finalized and deposits will be taken. Now if the I get behind I will hire help to make the flow of kits enough to make demands. If I can't produce the kit in 60 days since your full payment of the kit you have the option to get out and get back your full deposit or balance or just hang in there till it is done. The reason I mentioned this is because if half of the people who said they want it do pull through then I will be busy for sure. The reason I posted 60 days is because of the high demand in the beginning I need to be able be realistic that if a kit takes a week of labor to make then I need to base my time line that I can at least make four full kits a month or more. Now remember even ADC a large company it took them 6 months to get my kit I have now so if I see the time frame change I will get you to agree to a new time frame or I won't accept your money. I am not starting a side business with a angry buyer that is not good business tactics. My goal is to have a win- win situation here where we have a happy buyer and a smooth transaction too.

If you have any helpful ideas on how to design a better situation let me know. Thanks Joey

I know you already mentioned this... but I want to make sure I'm clear:

Can you state exactly what will be part of the kit.... and also which (if any) parts are optional, if we already have the parts?

One reason I'm asking.... It sounds like a wideband will be part of the kit. I would like to get a wideband now, but if it is included and not optional, then I'd rather wait. If this will be optional (and would lower the kit cost), I'd rather get the WB now.

Now the thing that really sucks is that it'll take me a while to save up for this kit, yet I'm still checking this thread for updates at least 2 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back