• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m the Cougar Spanish club president.
We are very interested. And I need to ask about international shipping. If we can make a group buy from Spain or Europe. So many people in UK interested too.

I am sure we can arrange the shipping to UK. I can look into what carrier would be inexpensive to send overseas. By making a group buy there we can reduce the shipping by bulking the kits in one package to someone there to distribute out.

And the payments plan will be done strictly by third party like Wells Fargo etc.
I obviousily not going to have the time to be in the loaning business but I can help some people find ways to make it happen hopefully.

The SVT car is going to be here tomorrow night so this week will be really busy on getting the first kit built now that I have the car.

Thanks Joey

I think that the payment thing is a good idea!!!!:)

I don't but I do agree with this ...

Your best bet, is to pay yourself. Put some money aside each month, into a savings account. This will teach you discipline, to not touch that money until you have the ~$2800 you need to buy the kit. It's a very rewarding feeling, to save for what you want. Atleast YOU'LL be the one gaining interest off of your own money, as opposed to someone else making interest off of it. :cool:

Mark

ugg i gotta start working more if i have to pay in lump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha its cool and very understandable

but im not going to take out a loan already have one for the car.

I'm just worried that i'm gonna save and save etc.....then when I have all the money the kit will not be avaiable.
But like others have said just save for a couple a months,cut back on expenses and you'll will have 2500 in no time :)

I work for a bank in chicagoland (National City Bank, lots of presence in the Midwest) I can help CEGers with financing, 0% for 6 months, after that the rate is dependant on your credit. I would advise making a plan to have it payed in full within 6 monts though. Decent credit needed. PM if interested.

Also, if your car is paid in full or almost paid off, I can do loans against your vehicle to pay for the turbo...whatever you need.

Last edited:
I am saying arrange a financing contract with a consumer finance company ie Wells Fargo Finance...the people basically apply for a loan through WFF...then Joey and Tom get the money and send the kit. Then the people pay WFF...using their credit!!! If they default...doesn't matter to Tom and Joey.

1 ? if i was going to put this on my stock 2.5L SVT w/ about 100K on the clock, will the stock svt 2.5 internals hold up & better yet will my tranny hold up? I realize i'll have to get a stage 3 clutch but is that it?

1 ? if i was going to put this on my stock 2.5L SVT w/ about 100K on the clock, will the stock svt 2.5 internals hold up & better yet will my tranny hold up? I realize i'll have to get a stage 3 clutch but is that it?
Do a compression & leakdown test on the cylinders to assess the condition of the engine and decide from there.

A stage 3 clutch isnt a must. Depending on your power goals, you might be able to get away with a stage 1. Its already shown to handle about 280 foot pounds of tq. I would replace the stock diff with a quaife or torsen regardless.

As for the 2.5L internals, thats kind of a gamble due to the ringlands on the earlier svts. Take a look at the piston durability thread thats stickied in the 3.0L branch of the old forums.

I think that was one of the most informative & important posts of this thread. Good going Jim!

umm...thanks! I figured I may have been beating a dead horse, but I guess since the piston durability thread hasnt transferred over to the VB forums, I suppose, ill take some credit.
acclaim.gif

well first off 01-02 cougar 2.5 owners are blessed with revised pistons. second, i think what your doing is what needs to be done for a dead platform. third, i mean how can u even go wrong with financing options. lol.

but really. thank you so much. i am absoultely ecstatic to be boosted

I completed the Turbo placement last night I have the turbo flanges on and the now I am mounting the turbo on a brace to mock the up-pipes to the flanges and downpipe extension. It took me till 1 am last night to get the perfect angle and bend for the 2.5" dowpipe to clear the drier and temp sensor on the radiator. I will be working on the downpipe tonite to connect it to the catback. I will try to take some pics tonite for ya'll. Joey

I will be working on the downpipe tonite to connect it to the catback. I will try to take some pics tonite for ya'll. Joey

So with your downpipe(s) running directly to the cat-back like in your drawing we would be eliminating the catalytic converter correct? Might be a stupid observation but just trying to clear it up :)

You guys are doing good work, I will wait anxiously to see what you offer for the MSDS / stage 2 setup ;)

After I received the stock car I was able to refresh my memory on how screwed up the Catalytic convertor is and it location below the rear bank. I will have three setups for this kit as I can forsee. I will make a staight pipe for those who want this setup that has two flanges. This section can be removed and a catalytic converter section can be added to it for emissions. I will also have the front connection be a standard 3" three bolt flange where the 2 2" pipes will merge into. This will allow me to reduce the other size to 2.5" for factory setup or continue the 3" for those who have the muffler and rear pipes 3". I will sell three types of cats. seperate priced from the kit. Another words you will get the standard section no cat for the base price and if you want to put your own cats at a local shop then do so. The Cats I will carry will be high flow ones to support Turbo high temps. Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back