• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are many ways to cool the intake charge..... water injection is what your refering to i believe. it's alright but an intercooler is always working. of course both woudl be alright also....

I think this is the first long thread I have actually made the time to read straight through, and not back and forth at different times to lose a bit of info (in a while). From what I read and how much effort you guys are putting into this, I just want to say thanks from the bottom of my crank! That is awesome that you are building this kit, and I am definitely interested. I am glad it is being built to support a stock set up. I am just looking for a boosted daily driver, and this seems to solve that issue. Good supporting mods would definitely be recommended of course, but I wouldn't mind strapping this kit on and seeing how it handles until it's time for a motor swap. I can't wait to see the future progress. I like the look of the intercooler, it does look a bit small, but if it serves it's purpose then who is to argue. I know that bigger hp yields and gains might need a bigger intercooler, but like you said the turbo should keep up with that pressure for now.

I really hope this kit is affordable like you say, because it might not be anytime soon but sometime in the future I really may be considering this kit. Gotta get rid of the bike first..... Good luck with the build and def keep us posted!

^^^ i have also read the whole thread and joey and tom are the men trying to get a kit produced and actually taking the time to do it. lets see when it comes out. i am getting the feelin i am headed back to the sandbox and will be interested in this kit.unfortunately it will be sitting in boxes till i get home to install it

^^^ i have also read the whole thread and joey and tom are the men trying to get a kit produced and actually taking the time to do it. lets see when it comes out. i am getting the feelin i am headed back to the sandbox and will be interested in this kit.unfortunately it will be sitting in boxes till i get home to install it

No it won't joey ;)

lol

my buddy was telling me about this Mr. Freeze "chemical intercooler". dyno proven on one mustang with a pro charger to increase it by 92hp. mainly for cars with forced induction.. ever hear of it?
I have IIRC, it uses the AC system to cool the air charge in place of water in a water/air intercooler setup.

This all is sounding very sweet! I've been looking forward to an affordable setup that would make happy power and get me in the door. Then upgrade components later, if needed.

There was mention of a future stage 2 kit. If you do create additional stages, will you also sell upgrade kits to get from one stage to another? I know you guys are still finalizing stage 1, but I'm just really excited about this!

The stage 2 will be designed to use the same pipes just bigger and higher flowing parts and a set of MSDS headers dipped.

I'm getting really anxious for this. I have money put away for it, and am 100% in on it. I seriously think about it everyday!!!

So when you say stage 2, I have coated MSDS headers... What other bigger and higher flowing parts would I need?

Either way, I want this now. So please work on the kit for MSDS next :cool:

Two other things, when you set the final price, will that include shipping? Not that it matters I suppose...

Also, have you considered putting together some type of instructions for installation. Nothing too crazy maybe just an order of what to install first to last. This will be my first turbo project.

I will build five kits I will have them boxed and ready on the shelf. The first five kits will be stock manifolds only. I will be locating the next car with weaapon r's and give someone a free install for the car since the mock up will only take weekend. Then of course msds headers too afterwards and of course these guy will get the same free install.

Looks like he is doing stock manifolds first....WR's second....and MSDS third.
I'm not complaining b/c I got some WR's myself:D

Looks like he is doing stock manifolds first....WR's second....and MSDS third.
I'm not complaining b/c I got some WR's myself:D

I guess this just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Stock manifolds, WR(MSDS knock offs!!!), and MSDS headers ALL connect to the y-pipe in the same location. Basically, you'll just install the MSDS/WR headers, and you're at stage 2(given, that there are no other upgrades from stage 1 to stage 2).

Mark

Turbo will be larger MAF will be also be larger too. Plus the intercooler will most likely change if I find out the air to air runs io into heat problems when we hit over 400whp but we will see then.

But yes you are right the headers are plug and play. And the crossover pipes may be coated too if I can see the performance increases with the coating. Only on the latter stages but it will run more money too.

Of course people can do this themselves but some don't want to bother with it. That is why this kit will be unique since it will be affordable and easily installed and don't forget upgradable.

And we can upgrade to stainless steel for even your first batch, right!?!? Do you need a deposit if you are custom making a person stainless steel kit to make sure they don't back out???

BTW, everything is looking GREAT!

The piggy back (Xcal) will come with the kit? no more chip needed?
I have stock 2.5L with STV UIM, LIM and TB. Trubendz no cat exhaust.
I have waiting for be installed a SVT cams, injectors and ECU.
But If I will put your kit I will not need the SVT injectors and ECU, no? I can use your kit with SVT cams, OEM ECU and the piggy back that comes with the kit.. Is it correct?
Sorry for the questions, I´m a new bie in these things.

What type of injectors are to be included? I have swapped to the Taurus injectors including changing the injector pigtails. Am I going to have to switch back?

I guess this just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Stock manifolds, WR(MSDS knock offs!!!), and MSDS headers ALL connect to the y-pipe in the same location. Basically, you'll just install the MSDS/WR headers, and you're at stage 2(given, that there are no other upgrades from stage 1 to stage 2).

Mark

Mark the only reason for a different kit for the Weapon-R and MSDS headers is so the hot pipes can be made bigger to support more hp. The hot pipes that will come with the "stock manifolds kit" will be smaller because nobody is going to be going for 400+ hp with the stock manifolds in place (i hope not anyway)

The piggy back (Xcal) will come with the kit? no more chip needed?
I have stock 2.5L with STV UIM, LIM and TB. Trubendz no cat exhaust.
I have waiting for be installed a SVT cams, injectors and ECU.
But If I will put your kit I will not need the SVT injectors and ECU, no? I can use your kit with SVT cams, OEM ECU and the piggy back that comes with the kit.. Is it correct?
Sorry for the questions, I´m a new bie in these things.

If your getting an Xcal, you dont need an SVT pcm since your going to be reflashing the whole thing anyways. This completely gets rid of the chip. Youll defientely need bigger than 19lb injectors. 24lb injectors or a step larger should be sufficient for most of the power goals people are looking for.

Last edited:
Yes just like beyondloadedse said it will save you the trouble and money to just use the turbo kits' parts which include all necessary parts to make the car run properly for the tune.

The stage 2 most people are saying wow I have the stuff already. Well the Turbo will have a larger wheel and larger turbine housing for stage 2. The intercooler will be larger than the one I have now. Me an Tom will dyno my car with the first intercooler to see what it does then I will change out the intercooler to the largest one possible and run it with all logs on pressures,temps, power, spool, etc. The reason I may sell the smaller intercooler is for 2.5 liter cars which will probably not outflow it anyway. The intercooler is nearly half the price as the larger one making the kit more affordable for the stock 2.5 liter cars. Plus there will be some SE models that might want the kit therefore the small air damm will support this intercooler better since the height of the ground faring is narrower.

The first kit is going on my car so I can have the necessary equipment to monitor EGT's, Intake temps, A/F, and differential boost pressures. The 2.5 liter will stay in my car while the donor 3 liter goes in the other car. Now it will have the stage 2 kit minus the MSDS headers for the first run. Then I will swap the headers and stick it back on the dyno for comparison. I will also find out where the stock fuel pump runs out of steam here too while having a fuel pressure guage hooked up.

The SS piping will be priced different like an additional charge since the parts increase in grades especially the flanges.

Oh and more than likely the springs in the wastegates will be stiffer for the 3 liter motors too.

I have had alot of PM's as to when I will be accepting money for having the first batches. My guess will be begining of Feb. I will take deposits of about 1500.00 on the kits I like to use paypal for those who don't have it setup yet.
The paypal protects the buyer and seller in transactions through internet sales and even insurances for those wanting it.
Of course I will have the final pricing for you then too.

Monday I am finishing up the ordering of the turbos,wastegates,injectors etc.
Any questions feel free to PM me Thanks Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back