• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been looking to turbo my car, but if this kit comes in at a reasonable price & I can turn down boost for every day driving then up the boost when needed, I'd serisouly consider it. The only question: is my BIG, FAT, CRAPPY, slushbox gonna be in the way... :help:

Yeah, I think some sort of boost controlling would be awesome. Just like burrita was saying, start off little by little. Maybe if we haven't gotten things like a beefed up tranny or new axles or w/e, we could turn the boost down so it's only 200 at the wheels or something. Then turn it up when we have more goodies that can handle it.

Yeah, I think some sort of boost controlling would be awesome. Just like burrita was saying, start off little by little. Maybe if we haven't gotten things like a beefed up tranny or new axles or w/e, we could turn the boost down so it's only 200 at the wheels or something. Then turn it up when we have more goodies that can handle it.

Or just crank it up to 300whp, and break the diff so you have a reason to replace it. :laugh:

Mark

Well, I think this could be handled easily enough by changing the BOV, I just wonder how many other changes might be needed for the car to run OK. Maybe none if the PCM compensates for the fuel mix.

I haven't done a lot of research into FI so I was just wondering if the kit could handle a range of power levels without getting complicated & expensive. Frankly, a little less power than stated would be appropriate for my car, so my choices are to find a way to lower the power levels on demand with the kit, or just get the kit customized a bit to suit my needs & drive it full time as is.

I'm very interested, but no money till next year. I have way too many mods in the works and have to get the engine installed in my 2000.

If this is available after a group buy also, I will probably go with the kit for sure.

O am trying to add a wastegate that has a adjustment on it or one without. But the benefit is that i will eliminate the boost controller for some people.

My piping just came in my intercooler will be here friday. This weekend I should have the intercooler in place and the hot side done.

piping_001.jpg

this mild steel prototype

way to go guys, i'd be in whenever available, i think any of those prices are more than reasonable for a bolt up kit, plus available tuning. i have helped install 2 turbo kits for friends in their mustangs and have never seen such reasonable numbers plus we spend another 500 to get dyno tunes, which there is always more than one trip (i.e. wastegate spring changes). two big thumbs up!

Last edited:
BurritaSVT, i just spoke with someone that may want a turbo kit for a 3L svt and i am also getting more and more interested by the minute.

-a

I had a problem with ADC kit the downpipe rubs terribly and when I was designing this new kit I didn't want to give anyone the problem I have. So I went under my car and found I think the best way for three reasons. One instead of making the front bank have a longer route I than the rear plus the ground clearance would be easier since I can run the downpipe into two 2" pipes giving me more clearance and by me just making the front bank wrap a hard 180 and the rear cross over and meet by the front mount. I left myself more room to run two discharge pipes versus four 2" pipes running across the motor and tranny. Then the greater benefit is the surface area will be more giving the hardcore boost guy the flow he needs regardless of what he runs. And the other option that compares was to do oval piping but the kit would have been 200 higher because the pipe plus the transitions were ridicilous. The good news is this revision is the same price as the first setup.

The bends add up and I talked to msds to give us a stage 2 kit for the bigger option too. After me and tom research we cam eto the conclusion that the SS is not worth it in the numbers. We will sell the pipes with Thermal temp sprayed I will bake them before they leave plus the pipes stay nice silver. I have 321 ss and they look like crap now. So the looks are minor and the results are the same. You will get 5 years out of the pipes or longer if you respray them when you see a chipped spot.

If you would gain spool up time I would say differently but wrapping them with header wrap will net 500 rpm quicker.

We will offer the SS but you will pay 200 more remember we are aiming for lower price but not compromising the power or liabilty. Basically the stage 2 kit will be at 3000.00 with headers and bigger injectors and bigger turbine housing. We will give more accurate numbers when we are finished. Here is the new routing I doing it works good under the car.
customsetupnewer2.jpg

Last edited:
Man i dont think i blinked once during the 10 page readout! lol Nice work guys and i hope to tear up the streets with some turbo power around income tax time.

Its time to knock of grandpa for life insurance!

i was putting some thought into this too, but i decided i'm going to spend my tax money on a stang, lol. and a couple belts to keep working on this supercharger lol :)

on the FMIC can we still use the CAI that we have in place, espically since we have the hole already drilled lol, here is a pic of my setup and what I a mtalking about. I know of a few cougar's that are running the GMK CAI and would like to see if the piping can continue the use of the intake

here are pics for examples of what i am talking about
img3265vt3.jpg

img3266ua0.jpg

I am not sure I will do it but you can it just require you buying different 6061 piping and silicone hoses.

Here is the intercooler just came in Fedex It is a beauty I will position it in the car and send a pic later.

intercoolerpicsmaller.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure I will do it but you can it just require you buying different 6061 piping and silicone hoses.

Here is the intercooler just came in Fedex It is a beauty I will position it in the car and send a pic later.

intercoolerpicsmaller.jpg

How good is that intercooler? Good for 300whp...400whp? At what point would a bigger one be beneficial/needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back