• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gotzta whore the 3.0 SE

KAOS_3.0

Hard-core CEG'er
new pics:

this is back before the 02 blew:
img6512editedsmall.jpg

Shot with Canon PowerShot SD400 at 2009-06-13

these are after the 05 got going:
img6552editedsmall.jpg

img6554editedsmall.jpg

and this poor ecsta AST probably wont look like this much longer:
img6553editedsmall.jpg

nope, they spin without a shock load.

shift to first at a stop sign, roll out, depress throttle, wait for tires to hook up.

I have to barely pull away in order not to at least chirp the tires.

am I supposed to drive only on downhills?

nope, they spin without a shock load.

shift to first at a stop sign, roll out, depress throttle, wait for tires to hook up.

I have to barely pull away in order not to at least chirp the tires.

am I supposed to drive only on downhills?

I can ignite both of my 225/35 W's at half throttle... :shrug: You'll go faster down hill. :laugh: You don't have to drop the clutch to blow the diff. Tire hop will do it too.

I can ignite both of my 225/35 W's at half throttle... :shrug: You'll go faster down hill. :laugh: You don't have to drop the clutch to blow the diff. Tire hop will do it too.

hardy har, pole mount dooood, havent had any tire hop since. plan to do the front myself here shortly.

aliasjerk said:
awesome!

now clean the headlights and slam that thing!

the front is on koni sport springs, slapped them on while the front was apart the second time. need to do that back, and get some struts.

I wish the koni's dropped it more though, but if you look at the first pic and the second you can see that it has settled quite a bit.

Dyoel said:
Oh man imagine the gas mileage!

ROFL-house hash browns batman!

yeah, the whole idea from the outside is for it to look like a zetec, I like the way it looks from the back, but I still need:

Headers

mil eliminators

a custom Y-pipe (I have this crazy idea)

replace resonator with 2.5" dual inlet cat (old cat space will be used for y-pipe)

tru-bends 2.5" single outlet cougar piping.

Right now the flo is hooked to a janky home made axel back, made from lots of V8 ford exhaust bends, and lots of crap welds (need bigger wire and some argon)

PS: on the headlight tip, those are polished out, I need some better used ones to bake, repaint, and polish, those are just temporary. now accepting donations!

Quite a sleeper and looks a little like JD's 3.0L SE but he's got the cool 3.0L badge from the 95' Windstar on the d/s corner of the decklid:cool:

Nice wheels too BTW!

thanks

yeah, the wheels are enkie PK6, saw them in an old ricer mag from 04 the other day and they were listed for $1074 for a set of 17"s with 205 brand-x rubber.

I got real lucky and picked these up for 200 bucks with 215 kumho's on them, but I'm in the proccess of replacing all the ectsa asx's with ast's like the one in the pic.

I think the next pair will be 225's though.

You ought to notch the bumper so the exhuast tip fits in there nice and clean, like what kscontourkid did.

it is notched, just only in the little skirt area at the bottom. that is as high up in there as that gigantic flow-master will fit. it actually pushed the inner fender out a little in the back.

Back