• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom Splitter For CKTour98

keithr

Veteran CEG'er
Ok, Im currently car less well things get worked out with my 3L.

Im bored so I decided to do a custom splitter for CKTour98's SVT bumper, this thing was trashed (the bumper that is) when I first got it, now its slowly on its way to recovery. Check out the pics here. Its still in very rough form, only 1 coat of glass so far. Cheers,

Keithr

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=30635&page=3

LOL. its not a Mirko at all, I made the plug for it by hand. Its the same idea per say, just with my own twist and take on things, and its not done, still alot more glassing to do!

good work! keep us updated on its progress.
though personally I prefer to have people put the pictures in the thread they create, instead of linking to another thread and having to search for them, but maybe thats just me ;)

DSCI0015.jpg

DSCI0017.jpg

DSCI0016.jpg

DSCI0020.jpg

:laugh:

Not to be a jerk and criticize, because it looks like a good project, but is that going to be low enough to the ground or is going to look a bit like the ED body kit, with the car DYING for a super huge drop?

No worries, good point. I think its going to be low enough that its not going to look stupid. :laugh:

No worries, good point. I think its going to be low enough that its not going to look stupid. :laugh:

All right just making sure. It's kinda hard to judge seeing as there is nothing left of the bottom because you "split" it :crazy:. Pretty excited to see the finished product.

Not bad, but it's wayyy too thin. I see that thing snapping off with no effort at all. It would look better with a little more body to it.

Ya I know, Im only on the first coat of glass though, probably 3-4 more coats to go, should be plenty strong after that.:rolleyes:

Have you set it on the car yet? It looks like it's following the angle of the bumper sides, which would point it at an upward angle...

nice effort...alot of work

More pics to follow. Sanding sucks! :mad: :laugh:

shut up, you love sanding.

I see you sitting there eyeballing that sand paper, dont lie. You love the sand paper.

Seriously though, where is my keyboard :D

dude....your F'n doing this in your goddam carpeted hallway? :laugh::nonono:

Whassamatterwitchu?

Keith does all sorts of weird :censored::censored::censored::censored: in his apartment, :help: he was telling me all about it when he was at bagged's house when we were doing his motor swap

Back