• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 CEG Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
my complaint is there is a MONDEO in there! thats not a contour! lol actually i love it, thanks for putting that beautiful car in there :) nice job everyone that made it in!

Congrats to everyone that made it - good job ! The pics that are in there deserve to be there .

Thanks to everyone involved with the THANKLESS job of setting it all up , selecting viable pics , and making the final decision to say yes/no to the finalists . Your effort DOES NOT go unnoticed by EVERYONE ;) .

And remember , it is a CEG calendar ... not only a CONTIQUE calendar :idea: .

If you feel that your car should've been picked , better luck next year . I didn't submit any pics because I KNEW that my camera was not capable of shooting a high enough resolution picture - whether or not I could shoot a nice enough picture myself was another story . It would've been a TOTAL waste of everyone's time , so I know enough to just not do it - and I know enough not to cry about it .

So once again , congrats to the lucky folks who made it , and thanks a million to those who took their VALUABLE time to put it all together . It IS appreciated :) !

I didn't really submit anything this year, but I am already gearing up for next year! :) Needs a good pic of a freshly painted TRed in the snowy Michigan woods! :drool: That is the shot that I will enter!

As for this years calender, it looks beautiful! Can't wait until I get mine... the wifey is ordering it for me for Christmas! Thanks to all of those who put so much time and effort into it. I love the cover page. Very classy and tasteful!

Reebs

In response to the resolution requirements, Cafepress must have upped their printing resolution since 2004. Their recommendation for picture resolutions for the calendar is 2300 x 1800 at 200 DPI only about 2 or 3 full size images actually made this requirement. I stretched each pic individually to fit on the 2300 x 1800 200dpi template and made the decision based on what I saw. If it was too pixelated, and some were, I had to let them go. I'm sorry to whoever got eliminated in this manner but there were resolution requirements for a reason.

And just to put this to rest, there was a rule in the picture submission thread saying that the full resolution pics must be at least 1800 x 1350, which the picture in question wasn't.

I think the calendar turned out well! :cool:

Just a few questions though... were any of my pictures voted in, but turned down because of resolution? If so which one(s)? I'm looking at getting a new camera, but I also want to know if any of the shots I took were considered 'worthy' so I know what to do for next year.

Ordered.... Thanks to all who put in the time to do this. Volunteering to do the judging on your own time is a big plus for CEG. Some people just don't understand what it takes to get this done. I do.

Congrats to all who are in the calender this year. You've earned it.

Good Luck to all those who will try for next year.

Just ordered mine… looking forward to another year of beautiful Contiques.
Gives me more motivation to get my SVT back on the road.
Thank you very much to every one involved, you’ve done a great job again.

I already have next years winnar!

untitled14sow9.jpg

Werd! WTF? It's not National Geographic. They print out at what 8.5 x 11"? Oh well glad I wasted my time taking some good pics. How could this have not made it in?:shrug:
thumbnail.jpg

I like the Mondy but should have been an all Contique calendar.:shrug:

imho that is a sweet shot, but the lighting doesnt make the red pop like the other 2 reds do that made it into the calender, also the tires look plain, i dont think they should be glossy but a nice subtle wet look....also if you look at the main page it states this is a forum for contours, mystiques and the euro mondeos

now i dont want this part to sound like im attacking you, cause im not, but this is a competition between a ton of sweet cars on the site...people have to realize that only 12 shots can make it, so you gotta do what you can to secure your spot....i got nominated last year and didnt make the final cut, i was upset sure, but after going back and looking at the shots i submitted i was happy i even got nominated cause quite frankly they were not up to par, i must have taken like 1000 shots over the course of the year cause i was determined to make it in, and i think its a huge insult to say "why didnt my shot make it in" cause these guys (ray and guitarman) along with all the judges put in a lot of work, so why complain about the final product, it wont change it, just step it up for next year :)

Last edited:
I already have next years winnar!
I'd be careful on that one... Black and white pictures are tricky... In fact, there was a B&W pic that had actually won a spot this year but could not be used because the full resolution pic was far too grainy.

And a message to that person: I tried whatever I could to turn the color version into a useable B&W pic but unfortunately it just wouldn't look right. Given more time, it might have been possible but the fast approaching deadline (and finals week for me) meant that I couldn't. Sorrry.

A message to everyone!

If you want to get in the '08 calendar, start considering it now. Remember through the summer to take pictures when you find a good oppourtunity!

Next year, if I'm doing the calendars again (and I don't know, I'm not going to take that right now), I'd like to start pic submissions mid October and have the calendar out by Dec 1st. This Dec 15th thing barely gets them to your door by new years using standard shipping. At least, if i remember correctly from last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back