• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2007 CEG Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I agree, that first pic should have made it in. One of my favorites. I'm suprised it didn't.

I dunno about that second pic though. Looks fine to me. :shrug:

The second photo is fine. The sun was on the other side of the Earth when the photo was taken. I think the exposure looks fine.

There were a few pictures where the full resolution picture size was not big enough to be used. That happend to be one of them. I also thought it was a great pic.

:blackeye: Same camera that was used when I made it into the 2004 Calendar.(See October, 2004)

Unfortunately, that's as big as it gets for my old school Sony Mavica. :cry:

Congrats to everyone that made it in this year!

Mark

:blackeye: Same camera that was used when I made it into the 2004 Calendar.(See October, 2004)

Werd! WTF? It's not National Geographic. They print out at what 8.5 x 11"? Oh well glad I wasted my time taking some good pics. How could this have not made it in?:shrug:
thumbnail.jpg

I like the Mondy but should have been an all Contique calendar.:shrug:

If you feel like you "wasted your time" just because you didn't make it in, then perhaps re-evaluation of your motives is in order. Plenty of pictures were "worthy" but didn't make it in for a number of reasons. MOST NOTABLY being resolution requirements.

Also, note that the pictures that DID make it in are those chosen by a group of YOUR PEERS! If you didn't make it in, or someone else did that you feel isn't worthy, then it was so chosen based on an average vote of a diverse selection of judges. They aren't "all" wrong.

Show your support and purchase a calendar. Shoot some more pictures and submit them for next year. Make it? great. If not, repeat steps above. That's all there is to it, folks. If you aren't satisfied with the turn out, it is in YOUR HANDS to submit something that is a shoe-in.

I guess you didn't bribe the judges with enough money, then. What else can I say?
:D

Someone must be! Didn't bother me that mine didn't make it in but when the other good pics didn't...:shrug: :help:

If you feel like you "wasted your time" just because you didn't make it in, then perhaps re-evaluation of your motives is in order. Plenty of pictures were "worthy" but didn't make it in for a number of reasons. MOST NOTABLY being resolution requirements.

Also, note that the pictures that DID make it in are those chosen by a group of YOUR PEERS! If you didn't make it in, or someone else did that you feel isn't worthy, then it was so chosen based on an average vote of a diverse selection of judges. They aren't "all" wrong.

Show your support and purchase a calendar. Shoot some more pictures and submit them for next year. Make it? great. If not, repeat steps above. That's all there is to it, folks. If you aren't satisfied with the turn out, it is in YOUR HANDS to submit something that is a shoe-in.

Hopefully this wasn't directed at me. :shrug: I just explained that it's the same ol' camera that got me into 2004's camera, and it came out pretty well if you ask me. :eek: Definitely not going to argue that my submission should or shouldn't have made it into the calendar. I know how the voting process went when I was a judge lastyear, and it wasn't easy.

Mark

In response to the resolution requirements, Cafepress must have upped their printing resolution since 2004. Their recommendation for picture resolutions for the calendar is 2300 x 1800 at 200 DPI only about 2 or 3 full size images actually made this requirement. I stretched each pic individually to fit on the 2300 x 1800 200dpi template and made the decision based on what I saw. If it was too pixelated, and some were, I had to let them go. I'm sorry to whoever got eliminated in this manner but there were resolution requirements for a reason.

And just to put this to rest, there was a rule in the picture submission thread saying that the full resolution pics must be at least 1800 x 1350, which the picture in question wasn't.

I ordered 2 because i actually made it in this year!

In terms of some of the pics, its a shame more couldent have made it in, but that is how things go. I also agree that Tods car was really really good.

Im also VERY happy one was even made this year. Guitarman and Ray really stepped up. Thanks again guys.

Mark,

That was, in NO WAY, directed at you (or ANYONE individually). I was trying to state a generic stance on the situation and because I chose one individual post to reply to it made it seem very personal. I apologize if it sounded like that. I certainly could understand that you made it before with the same camera, and I thought the same thing when I noticed that. :)crazy:)

Anyway. I'm just glad it came out. Big "ups" (haha.. never said that before) to Ryan for spearheading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back