• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

no, I did

I cant see not making copies with all of the interest and all of the work in the project.

I'll pay to come make the mold myself if it comes down to it.

what?

I'm not getting it, when I first brought up the mold idea people were all for it, now all this retard attitude, I just dont get it.

law suits for what? nobody sewed any one when companies started making replica shelby cobras, nobody sewed anyone when folks made lambo bodies for fierro's, why would he get sewed for making a contour ST200 conversion kit?

seems to me like it's just a current trend to jump in a thread and get retard points for saying whatever is the opposite of what I said. way to go, have fun with that. hey, the ford contour is awesome, and you all have large penises, and the moon is a sphere, and the sky is blue.

oh god, here we go, lets ruin another thread trying to piss me off. awesome guys, really.

so everybody now thinks it's retarded to have a bolt on ST bumper for our cars. I'll remember that the next time somebody brings up wanting something besides for the ugly svt bumper.

I'm still down to buy a mold, even if it's just for me to make myself one

what?

I'm not getting it, when I first brought up the mold idea people were all for it, now all this retard attitude, I just dont get it.
You're not that new here. You should know by now that there's NO WAY that enough people would be willing to pony up the cash to make this happen, even IF the OP would let this awesome creation be used/destroyed in the molding process.

law suits for what? nobody sewed any one when companies started making replica shelby cobras, nobody sewed anyone when folks made lambo bodies for fierro's, why would he get sewed for making a contour ST200 conversion kit?
Shelby sues Factory Five Racing

seems to me like it's just a current trend to jump in a thread and get retard points for saying whatever is the opposite of what I said. way to go, have fun with that. hey, the ford contour is awesome, and you all have large penises, and the moon is a sphere, and the sky is blue.
It's called a reality check. You should be used to them by now.

Yeah...make a mold...screw the impending lawsuits. :rolleyes:

:shrug:, also confused. Who would have an issue with a custom bumper that has the looks of a st200?

Should the shop that molded my pre98 bumper to the SVT bumper be sued because he did 3 other ones the same way....? :confused:

EDIT: same post time, I see now that you can get sued for that..... BUT, that was an aftermarket company sueing another aftermarket company. What about a "big dog" like Ford or GM sueing a car guy on a forum. It wouldn't be worth their time expecially because it would be probably less than 20 pieces if there was a group buy.

Yikes..... keep the GB on the DL hehe :eek:

Thanks for the info.

What about my koni aluminum knobs?
I actually offered to sell these to koni direct but I couldn't get them made for what they wanted to pay for them so it never went through. No legal action there.... :shrug: Guess I just got lucky.

Should the shop that molded my pre98 bumper to the SVT bumper be sued because he did 3 other ones the same way....? :confused:
Did he make a mold, then use that mold to create the other three bumpers? If so, then from a strictly legal standpoint Ford might have a case. The fact that it has been substantially modified from the original might save them if Ford ever did decide to pursue it. But seeing as how it's a dead platform with a limited enthusiats group, it probably wouldn't be worth their trouble.

If it's just him taking six bumpers and making three complete ones out of them, then no. That's just customization.

:shrug:, also confused. Who would have an issue with a custom bumper that has the looks of a st200?

EDIT: same post time, I see now that you can get sued for that..... BUT, that was an aftermarket company sueing another aftermarket company. What about a "big dog" like Ford or GM sueing a car guy on a forum. It wouldn't be worth their time expecially because it would be probably less than 20 pieces if there was a group buy.

thanks again joe, thats what I'm saying. though I was apparently wrong about lambo and shelby, I'm sure shelby was only mad about the competition with superformance, who they basically sponsor.

I guess all the companies that sell toyota bumpers for mazda b series are being sued as well, and the places that sell caddy tail light kits for pickups, and the places that sell escalade kits, ect ect ect. we're not even talking about putting a ford part on a non ford vehicle. extreme dimensions hasnt sued the guy making the ???? "g3" kits for our cars on e-bay, not enough people care about the contour for it to be practical.

I guess all the companies that sell toyota bumpers for mazda b series are being sued as well, and the places that sell caddy tail light kits for pickups, and the places that sell escalade kits, ect ect ect. we're not even talking about putting a ford part on a non ford vehicle.
First of all, you have no idea what legal agreements, if any, were made between these companies. Odds are, if a company is selling a replica part, they've paid the original company for the rights to manufacture those parts. It's called licensing. Not a new concept.

As far as companies producing aftermarket products to fit a certain vehicle, if it's a completely different part that "happens" to fit (read: designed to fit) then there's no infringement. It would be an original part from an outside manufacturer desined to replace an OEM part. But you can run into degrees of infringement. Say one of those lighting companies took a GM light, cut off the lens structure and glued theirs in place on the factory base and sold it as there own. GM would probably have a case against them, as substantial portions of their product are ripped off from GM with no attempt at modification. It's a minefield, to say the least.

Last edited:
yeah, if im crazy talk I would want everybody else's SVT Contour in the world to look exactly like mine :rolleyes: This is going to make his car unique, something like that for some people you cant put a price on, and the fact that making replicas is extremely time consuming. Assuming crazytalk has a job, chances are he will have no time to put together a group buy kit and sell them for a price that most cheapo CSVT owners wont pay.

Even now with the 2 cars I am parting out and the 5-6 orders a week I need to fofil I find myself overwhelmed finding time to pull the parts off the cars, to find boxes and package them and find a time that the post office is open to ship the parts out. Its a LOT of work, let alone making a custom mounting kit for an ST front bumper conversion, producing multiple high quality replicas for customers, then dealing with properly packaging and shipping those kits, this man would have to be unemployed and have no family life to have the time to deal with something like that; as the old saying goes "I am only one man"

First of all, you have no idea what legal agreements, if any, were made between these companies. Odds are, if a company is selling a replica part, they've paid the original company for the rights to manufacture those parts. It's called licensing. Not a new concept.

As far as companies producing aftermarket products to fit a certain vehicle, if it's a completely different part that "happens" to fit (read: designed to fit) then there's no infringement. It would be an original part from an outside manufacturer desined to replace an OEM part. But you can run into degrees of infringement. Say one of those lighting companies took a GM light, cut off the lens structure and glued theirs in place on the factory base and sold it as there own. GM would probably have a case against them, as substantial portions of their product are ripped off from GM with no attempt at modification. It's a minefield, to say the least.

I'd say the fact that what I'm talking about is a completely new part, made from a mold, from a custom part, should get you out of that territory. the only thing I could imagine a problem with is intellectual rights to the lower grill design of the st bumper, and I dont see ford going crazy about that, I just dont.

as for crazy talk not wanting to make them, thats a whole other issue, I'm just asking for the mold. whether I would be able to make a ton of them and crate them up would be a matter of what people wanted to pay. I just really wanted to do this project myself and since somebody with the resources to do so has already done it, I dont see why nobody else should be able to benefit from it.

I hate to say it but KAOS YOUR A ????ING IDIOT! DO you honestly think with as much customizing as he has done with his car, that he is going to want everyone in this community replicating what has taken him weeks upon weeks to create for the simple factor of being different????:confused:

HE MOST LIKELY DOESN'T WANT IT REPLICATED!

You have to be one of the most hard headed people on this site:nonono:

I'd say the fact that what I'm talking about is a completely new part, made from a mold, from a custom part, should get you out of that territory. the only thing I could imagine a problem with is intellectual rights to the lower grill design of the st bumper, and I dont see ford going crazy about that, I just dont.

You know, with all the information that's been posted about it...I've come to the conclusion you're just a thick headed person.

All the proof of WHY it would be illegal is right before you and you seem to just disregard it and believe your own hopes that "I just don't see Ford doing it."

Why should he take the chance just for you to get one and him risk getting sued out the ass? Probably because you're being way too selfish.

On top of all that, why should he make it available to everyone in the community when it would completely take away from his being so unique.

Back