• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MY 3L Swap (in progress)

Need a little help...

Need a little help...

How do I remove this from the 2.5 without taking the heads off? I'm thinking something needs to be bent. Any help is appreciated!
0727091957a.jpg

I was thinking "3L" and that I didn't have to do anything to get the vent box into the correct area. Then I re-read what he posted about "removing" the box from the 2.5L.

Why I was confused was why would it matter if you have to take the 2.5L head off? There should be no question because your 2.5L is toast and you should be breaking it down anyway. So that's why I was thrown off.

Take the head off, no question.

I see a blurry pic of black slippers.... is that Josh in the last shot? :laugh:

How do I remove this from the 2.5 without taking the heads off? I'm thinking something needs to be bent. Any help is appreciated!

I wound up bending the little splash cage on mine getting it off the 02, for some reason it didnt occur to me that the 2.5 with the head off had one too, dur...

my intake doesnt seem to be filling up with oil or anything though, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

:shocked::shocked::drool::drool::drool:

I've been waiting for that.

Inspiration to get mine done! How hard is it to pull the motor/trans out the top?

Would you recommend doing that over dropping the subframe?

:shocked::shocked::drool::drool::drool:

I've been waiting for that.

Inspiration to get mine done! How hard is it to pull the motor/trans out the top?

Would you recommend doing that over dropping the subframe?

It's not too bad, but Josh is a pro when it comes to pulling motors. I'd say pulling out the top is easier than dropping the sub frame. It will be running after work tomorrow. Just have the Y pipe and battery to hook up. Then she'll live again.:cool:

I'm excited for this. I wish I was able to tackle mine this summer, but I underestimated the costs (doing it right, that is. Headers, LSD). I even had a 44k 04 taurus motor lined up for 300..:cry:

It's not too bad, but Josh is a pro when it comes to pulling motors. I'd say pulling out the top is easier than dropping the sub frame. It will be running after work tomorrow. Just have the Y pipe and battery to hook up. Then she'll live again.:cool:

I'm hoping to have her ready for you to drive when you show up tomorrow brotha....been too long sitting cold. It's time to terrorize the streets again.

Crazy how fast it all went together once i had time to work on it again. :cool: I definitely want to do a few more swaps.

I see a blurry pic of black slippers.... is that Josh in the last shot? :laugh:

Who else could it be?

Nicely done. I'm just curious why you didn't take the time to clean the motor/trans and maybe paint/powdercoat? I'm sure it will look nice this way though :cool:

Nicely done. I'm just curious why you didn't take the time to clean the motor/trans and maybe paint/powdercoat? I'm sure it will look nice this way though :cool:

Jon didn't want to...until he saw it all assembled of course. Haha. The block isn't that bad, as for the trans, at least you don't see much of it when everything's installed i guess.

Back