• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm worried

I have noticed with my car, when it is cold out (winter/late fall/early spring) the CEL comes on for a bank 1 sensor 1. When it is nice out, it goes away. Go figure.

There were times when I WISHED my car would throw a CEL so I could tell what was wrong with it when the fuel pump was dying.

I do not get this, I still have not had a CEL on this car, and no the bulb is not dead :shrug:

Lollerskates! I usually go a few months between CEL's, maybe longer. Never had anything serious, really, although I DID have a rich code which was a new thing. Cleaned and oiled the air filter and it hasn't come back. I like NOT having a CEL thank you very much :D

I kinda miss my CEL (had to clear it to pass emissions), but as soon as it went off the coolant warning light came on to keep me company. now I'm lonely after flushing the coolant system yesterday and inadvertently "fixing" that light. Does the car have any other trouble lights I can expect to meet in the future?

I kinda miss my CEL (had to clear it to pass emissions), but as soon as it went off the coolant warning light came on to keep me company. now I'm lonely after flushing the coolant system yesterday and inadvertently "fixing" that light. Does the car have any other trouble lights I can expect to meet in the future?

Seeing as you have the Duratec, maybe the battery light will be your friend if you hammer it into high RPM's :laugh:

Drive around for a few miles with the gas cap unscrewed and your beloved CEL will return. :)

Back