• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Random Facts.

LOL... I was able to sleep in today so its all good. Plus it was raining all day anyhow. :blackeye:

hey aaron why don't you come to Pennsburg wit us? sorry if i'm cross posting or whatever just trying to get some people to meet. you could be there in 30 minutes tho. been raining all day here too!:mad:

CNN just reported that Kermit The Frog died today from Swine Flu because he finally went down on Ms. Piggy.

Last edited:
Greater than 80% of vehicle related fatalities happen at or near intersections. Of that,greater than 80% of those occur during one condition at intersections.

That condition is Changing of the colors (lights).

Also, your odds from dying of an accident (not just vehicular) is 1 in 23, if you include deaths from later complications of the SAME injury, the odds are 1 in 15.

Way to post that before we all leave for SZ. Should have kept that one to yourself. ;) :laugh:

Now I feel better. I thought Dave was just trying to make me stay home this year. ;)
True, most accidents do happen within about 5 miles of your house.

yeah, but most accidents happen within a few miles from your home. so you should be alright for 99% of the trip

That's only because most people do the majority of their driving only a few miles from home, lol. If you take a weighted average, your chances of getting in an accident don't change much depending on where you are.

^ That is true. We have way too much fun around here.

Back