• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% Tint pic request

I don't recall the company, but the receipt was in the folder of receipts that came with the car. Unfortunately, all of that stuff is in a binder in the map pocket on the back of the drivers seat of the car in storage down in TX. It is pretty dark though. It took some getting used to when driving it at night originally, because all of my previous cars have had ~35% tint. I'm pretty sure that the tint wasn't changed, because it is starting to show its age and turn slightly purple, and I wouldn't think that it would do that within two years.

You're probably right. I don't know why they would have put 20% on the receipt? :crazy: That sucks it's turning purple. Maybe ol' blueberries changed the tint to match his rims! :laugh:

Mark

Think I've got around 15 out back, 30ish up front.
DSCI0034.jpg
Pot pulled over for tint and speed - ended up with a warning for those and lack of insurance card and front plate missing. I like how the car looks - I'll reting after ticket # 3 :laugh:

They do look good in silver, but I like mine in T-red

IMGP0068.jpg

img0909acropeduc0.jpg

I love tint from the aesthetic point of view just as anyone else would, but I forgot how ridiculously difficult it is to drive a car w/tints all around at night. My buddy got drunk two nights ago and I had to drive his car. IIRC, he said it had 25% all around. I couldn't see shiz out the rear window. :nonono:

Then again, I hate driving at night.

Pot pulled over for tint and speed - ended up with a warning for those and lack of insurance card and front plate missing. I like how the car looks - I'll reting after ticket # 3 :laugh:

LOL! I forgot that I got pulled over for the tint one night last summer. Had the 8500 X50 on, so I knew there was a cop coming for like 2 miles before he finally appeared, so I was being good. Sure enough, he swung around and came up behind me at 2:30 in the morning with 4 people in the car on a Sunday night. I had no clue what he pulled me over for. When they pulled up along side of me and handed me my license back, I asked what they had pulled me over for before they could drive off and they said "the window tint initially," (whatever that means) I couldn't believe it. Surely they had something better to do at 2:30 in the morning in Flint.

Consider yourself lucky. I had to pull my newly applied tint off my two fronts and then go down to the Courthouse and show one of the officers. Stupid MI tint laws... :mad:

LOL! I forgot that I got pulled over for the tint one night last summer. Had the 8500 X50 on, so I knew there was a cop coming for like 2 miles before he finally appeared, so I was being good. Sure enough, he swung around and came up behind me at 2:30 in the morning with 4 people in the car on a Sunday night. I had no clue what he pulled me over for. When they pulled up along side of me and handed me my license back, I asked what they had pulled me over for before they could drive off and they said "the window tint initially," (whatever that means) I couldn't believe it. Surely they had something better to do at 2:30 in the morning in Flint.

The same kind of thing happened to me. The cops were out in force getting speeding commuters on the way home from work. After passing one cop that already had someone pulled over, everyone else went back up to 80-85, but I kept the cruise at 65 because I was on the phone, so I was all alone on the interstate at 7:00pm, and by then it was pitch black. I saw Crown Vic headlights coming up behind me, then sit right behind me for about a mile. He pulled up beside me, then dropped back behind me. I told the person I was talking to I had to go, I was getting pulled over. Sure enough, the lights came on.

I got a $70 for illegal tint...on the interstate...at night, then the cop proceeded to tell me in a very matter-of-fact manner that I needed to re-align my headlights, one was pointing straight down. I (knowing the answer) asked him if it was my foglight. He went in front and checked, and what do you know? It was! The guy was a jackass. Typically when I've been pulled over the officer is friendly but this guy was definitely an exception.

I've got pulled over about 3 times for mine in the past year or two. I just pay the fine. I like my tints and my privacy.

Back