• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% Tint pic request

pipedsvt

CEG'er
For all you CEGer's that have "20%" tint on your car, can I have a look at it. I am currently tinting windows and I would like to go with 20 but I just wanna see how dark it looks on a contour. My buddy has 35 on his car and I think its just a little light. I ONLY WANT PICS OF CONTOURS WITH 20% TINT please!!

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

This is 33% on the front and 18% in the back. Not exact, but those were the only options I had with the brand I got. There is a slight metallic tinge to it, and you actually have to be up close to tell the difference between the two levels.

DSC00543.sized.jpg

IMG_5045_Custom.sized.jpg

mvc_167f.sized.jpg

mvc_168f.sized.jpg

Last edited:
20% on the front doors, 5% on the rears. I got the car this way, previous owner, an acquaintance had the plates 2XTREME, hence the super dark tint on the back 3 windows.

HPIM0775.JPG

HPIM0784.JPG

i have a black tour, 26% tint netted me 3 tickets in the last year.

of course my speeding, unnecessary accelleration, loud exhaust, and middle finger usually get my attention from police, and they let me go with a "warning" in form of a tint ticket. i finally broke down and took off the front windows. i'm gonna do them in 50% to ease the difference from front to back windows.

always was my favorite black contour. soooo clean ^^^^^^
It's still around... :shrug: It doesn't look exactly like that anymore, but the back window was replaced before I bought it and it hasn't been re-tinted yet, so I didn't want to post any of my pics because the non-tinted back window makes the sides look a lot lighter.

I think this is 15% tint.

The tint looks good. I need to have mine redone and I'd like it to look like that when I get done with it. I wonder if I take a tint place one of my SVT's, my G8, and my dad's Corvette if they'd give me some kind of group rate? They all need to be done. I honestly liked your car better with the smaller wheels. They're a little simpler/cleaner and not so "look at me."

The tint looks good. I need to have mine redone and I'd like it to look like that when I get done with it. I wonder if I take a tint place one of my SVT's, my G8, and my dad's Corvette if they'd give me some kind of group rate? They all need to be done. I honestly liked your car better with the smaller wheels. They're a little simpler/cleaner and not so "look at me."

Thanks, IIRC I went with the intentions of getting a 20% tint but the 15% was more reasonably priced. Sometimes I miss the 17's but they were to small for me. Trust me the axis mods's are not my favorite rim by a long shot but for me its an upgrade from the SSR's. We'll see how long I keep the Mod's before I get bored of them :laugh:

Anyways I'm sure if you were to bring all your vehicles into get tint you could get some sort of discount. Most of those places are willing to work with you a little bit.

Back