• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cruising with a Ford GT

FauxhawkFox

Hard-core CEG'er
In jacksonville, FL over the weekend visiting my brother and we were on 295 cruising with a Ford GT for about 30 mins. Got a couple of pics but this video was worth posting because of the GT's reflection:cool:

TURN DOWN SPEAKERS.

The camera was out the window:nonono:

Just look at how the car pulls away.

they really are astounding machines. there was a red one with the white stripes on it around here. i had the pleasure of driving next to it a few times. that is until the toolbag owner crashed it and literally split the car in two right near my house! heh

while i was a missionary the owner of a ford dealership thought it'd be nice to take us for a ride in one of his 2 ford gts. that car is amazing fast and handles quite well too. i took a video of the experience, ill see if i can find it.

Meh, thats not pulling away. Watch the GT TT vid...now that is pulling away.

Wish I had either of them :cry:

Being a Ford Engineer, I have had the oppotunity to drive the GT a few times. It's a hell of a vehicle. :)

i love those cars, but i hear that they have a really rough time in the rain and they're bad about drifting. Is this true?

i love those cars, but i hear that they have a really rough time in the rain and they're bad about drifting. Is this true?

anyone who intentionally drives one in the rain needs to be whipped.

i see GT's all the time at my work, and none of them are stock. :laugh:

Last edited:
the shop that built joe (red gt tt), and this blue are here in jax. Ill find another of the blue one and post it up. another twin turbo with supercharger setup i believe.

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10
in this video. walk around
[For those of you who dont believe me!

On the unleased link there was an acura legend video, I felt like him next to the GT. I wasnt getting on my throttle at all in my video. The guy was really cool. There was a Lotus that was rolling with us as well. I wondered if there was a car show in Jacksonville over the weekend. The height of those cars is what really impresses me. It was about half the height of the CSVT.

Heffner performance does a TT setup for those that is completely bada$$. It was in a Car and Driver test, I think.

Matt

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=28029

I read about heffner only weeks before seeing this GT. I was actually thinking about that when he would pull away like that and I was trying to gauge the pull on a twin turbo. And I thought the stock GT was fast...silly me.:laugh:

On the unleased link there was an acura legend video, I felt like him next to the GT. I wasnt getting on my throttle at all in my video. The guy was really cool. There was a Lotus that was rolling with us as well. I wondered if there was a car show in Jacksonville over the weekend. The height of those cars is what really impresses me. It was about half the height of the CSVT.

black lotus?
Turbo NSX and Supercharged Exige

Back