• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well, Edmunds likes it.

I'm checking my browser history right now to see if I was on the laptop or desktop when I read it yesterday. The article amazed me because I knew Mitsubishi UFJ was big but I didnt know they were the second biggest bank in the world. They're also a large Toyota shareholder but I think that comes from the Bank of Tokyo days before a merger.

These motors? Have you looked at the dyno plots for the 2.0 and 3.8?

i don't have to to know that the mustang makes ~60 more torques than the 3.8 and a hundred more than the 4 banger... and also does it earler in the power band.

im wondering why hyundai is keeping the tiburon...seems kinda pointless.

i don't have to to know that the mustang makes ~60 more torques than the 3.8 and a hundred more than the 4 banger... and also does it earler in the power band.

im wondering why hyundai is keeping the tiburon...seems kinda pointless.

Well if thats what lets you sleep at night. :)

The Tiburon has always been a decent seller for them in the sport compact market. Granted they missed the mark with that awful 2.7 v6 but people still liked the exterior and interior enough to buy them. With a proven turbo 4 it will make a pretty good sporty coupe to go along with the Koup if that ever comes out.

Hmmm that Edmunds video claims 0-60 in 6.4 but then the Car and Driver video claims 0-60 in 5.7sec with the same engine. I wonder which one it is :shrug:

$30,995 is the STARTING price. It's going to be the same as the 370Z, stripped. The Hyundai is already sporting the rear diff, upgraded brakes, tuned suspension, the biggest engine available for it so far, and much much more than the stripped (as stripped as you can get in the Premium GT, hell...you can't even get the 3.73 gears without going past $31k) Mustang will have.

Straight line racing is pretty useless to judge a car by. Just thought I'd let you know.
1. All V8 Mustangs come with LSDs (when's the last time you say an SN95 or later go peg-legged?)

2. The biggest engine for that car is still over a sec. slower in the 1/4.

3. The Mustang will sound GOBS better in any trim.

4. Highway (where most of these cras will be "raced")= straight line.

Well if thats what lets you sleep at night. :)

sooner or later there will be vids all over youtube

The Tiburon has always been a decent seller for them in the sport compact market. Granted they missed the mark with that awful 2.7 v6 but people still liked the exterior and interior enough to buy them. With a proven turbo 4 it will make a pretty good sporty coupe to go along with the Koup if that ever comes out.

the tiburon was the car i was talking about with the bigger aftermarket for the 4 banger, since the v6 was really weak.

but i don't see the reasoning for 2 different sport coupes. especially if they're gonna be priced within a few grand of eachother. they should just drop the tib and have the genesis only.

1. All V8 Mustangs come with LSDs (when's the last time you say an SN95 or later go peg-legged?)

2. The biggest engine for that car is still over a sec. slower in the 1/4.

3. The Mustang will sound GOBS better in any trim.

4. Highway (where most of these cras will be "raced")= straight line.

1. Tell me when I said it didn't come with the LSD? I didn't list it because I figured it was common knowledge. I only said you can't go 3.73 without popping over $31k.

2. Congrats on comparing that V8 to a V6.

3. Who gives a :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

4. What the hell does the highway have to do with it? Learn to not failboat everything you type, please.

but i don't see the reasoning for 2 different sport coupes. especially if they're gonna be priced within a few grand of eachother. they should just drop the tib and have the genesis only.

Because there is a market for a FWD coupe and a RWD coupe. They can stick their hands into both markets and compete.

There is no "market" for a FWD coupe. That would imply that somebody would prefer a FWD over the RWD. In a real world perspective that would never happen.

1. Tell me when I said it didn't come with the LSD? I didn't list it because I figured it was common knowledge. I only said you can't go 3.73 without popping over $31k.

2. Congrats on comparing that V8 to a V6.

3. Who gives a :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

4. What the hell does the highway have to do with it? Learn to not failboat everything you type, please.

1. Then why did you list it for the Genesis? The LSD is most likely just built into the Mustang's cost, hence the slightly higher MSRP

2. You will have to listen to it every day. Plus, when's the last time someone didn't care about a performance car's exhaust note?

4. Really, besides the highway, where else will these two cars meet head to head? It's not a fast corner that slams you back into the seat.

I'm not saying I don't like the Genesis; I do. I just think the Mustang is a better choice.

Learn to think your arguments through before you type...

1. Then why did you list it for the Genesis? The LSD is most likely just built into the Mustang's cost, hence the slightly higher MSRP

2. You will have to listen to it every day. Plus, when's the last time someone didn't care about a performance car's exhaust note?

4. Really, besides the highway, where else will these two cars meet head to head? It's not a fast corner that slams you back into the seat.

I'm not saying I don't like the Genesis; I do. I just think the Mustang is a better choice.

Learn to think your arguments through before you type...

Lawl. I did think them through, I think you're the one that needs to wake the hell up.

Since you're still using numbers to try and list your arguments...

1. I listed it for the Genesis Coupe because it still comes in cheaper than the GT Premium with the best (so far) option/package it comes with.

2. (I think you meant 3 since you skipped #2 on my list) Engine size is irrelevant in my opinion when it comes to sound. The CSVT's 6 cylinder sounded pretty damn good stock and even better with something aftermarket. Plus, that would imply the Mustang is a performance car. In my eyes it's just an overweight car with a big engine.

4. (Again, where's 3?) Again, you're comparing raw power of a V8 to a V6. Drag racing in my eyes is pointless, drag racing on a highway with traffic is just :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing stupid.

Sure, you could spend a little more for the Mustang, but the fact of the matter is...the video said for the money you'd spend on the coupe, which brings us back to the Mustang costing MORE.

i see what you mean but i kinda disagree. the rwd coupe is superior in every way.

I completely agree, but with as well as the car did, I don't think they'd want to lose those sales just yet. I'm sure it'll dwindle down and eventually be axed, but

There is no "market" for a FWD coupe. That would imply that somebody would prefer a FWD over the RWD. In a real world perspective that would never happen.

In a real world perspective of the modern day/average consumer, I'm willing to bet a lot of people would choose a FWD coupe over a RWD coupe. Would I? No.

Tell that to Honda. They've made a ton selling hot fwd coupes even though there were rwd coupe alternatives. If you make something cheaper and sporty looking people will buy it even though its fwd because the average person could care less about rwd or fwd.

just curious about something.... have any of you guys who are claiming the genesis is this and that,and the best car under $30k or whatever,even driven one yet?????how do you know how great it is,or how much better it is,if you've never spent any seat time in it...for that matter,any of you driven a new mustang and the genesis to compare them?????so if edmunds,and whichever car rag says its the best,that makes it true?? :confused:

Most cars produced nowdays are FWD because people prefer FWD cars. They are easier to drive and generally safer. Why do you think manufacturers switched to producing FWD cars when they had been making only RWD for decades, it wasnt to piss off and alienate the average consumer. RWD cars arent really superior except in the category of weight biasing, that and its easier to throw them into a drift. I suppose you could argue that it is easier to make a RWD hold huge power, but yeah, most people who buy a sports car never modify them. I know people who have owned corvettes or cameros that they bought new 15 or more years ago and have only put OE replacement parts on them the entire time they owned them. So really all most people are concerned with it which car is easier to drive while giving them the performance they want and which car looks good to them. Most people would choose the FWD, a lot of people only say RWD because they want to be able to say that their car is a RWD performance car for whatever reason.

i think most cars are fwd nowadays cause they're just easier/cheaper to build. not because anyone preferred them. i mean seriously, how many cars were fwd before the gas shortages when car makers started stamping out cheap, compact, economy cars? that's where fwd cars came from...cars that didn't necessarily have room for a rear diff and driveshaft.

just curious about something.... have any of you guys who are claiming the genesis is this and that,and the best car under $30k or whatever,even driven one yet?????how do you know how great it is,or how much better it is,if you've never spent any seat time in it...for that matter,any of you driven a new mustang and the genesis to compare them?????so if edmunds,and whichever car rag says its the best,that makes it true?? :confused:

When numerous car magazines and websites have very little negative things to say about it...I'm willing to bet it's going to be the best bang-for-the-buck RWD coupe out there.

Back