• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well, Edmunds likes it.

One word...Depreciation

If you buy the Hyundai plan on keeping it a long time otherwise you are gonna take it in the shorts much worse than many other cars when selling.

Have you priced a Hyundai recently?

Better resale than a Lincoln Town Car.

True, they may not hold their value as well as a Honda or Toyota, but they're pretty good on resale these days.

Let's face it. Hyundai has come a long way. They make a fine product (albeit with some cheaper materials in the past) for a reasonable price and they BACK IT! A 5 year bumper to bumper and 10 year powertrain is hard to turn down - especially if you buy rather than lease.

Now they're gettin' into the 'big leagues'. Not everybody's cup of tea, but certainly a lot of car for the money, and they BACK IT. I hope the rest of the industry buys a clue.

True, they may not hold their value as well as a Honda or Toyota, but they're pretty good on resale these days.

Plus think of how much you spent in the first place. You paid less than a Honda so why not get less back when the full warranty doesnt transfer?

Apparently they forgot about the 2010 Mustang GT (Premium). Bigger, faster, stronger. MSRP of under 31k.

$30,995 is the STARTING price. It's going to be the same as the 370Z, stripped. The Hyundai is already sporting the rear diff, upgraded brakes, tuned suspension, the biggest engine available for it so far, and much much more than the stripped (as stripped as you can get in the Premium GT, hell...you can't even get the 3.73 gears without going past $31k) Mustang will have.

Obviously bigger. 315hp > 306hp. Faster in a straight line is all that matters to most, well at least me.. 5.2/13.7 (motortrend-stang) vs. 6.4/14.5 (edmunds-gcoupe).

Straight line racing is pretty useless to judge a car by. Just thought I'd let you know.

some mustangs actually are badass around corners its just how you build them.

Compared to other live rear axle cars sure. I've seen spec Firebirds fly around the local road course faster than I would have thought possible but they're working pretty hard at it while a Corvette just glides around and can do the same time.

Compared to other live rear axle cars sure. I've seen spec Firebirds fly around the local road course faster than I would have thought possible but they're working pretty hard at it while a Corvette just glides around and can do the same time.

V6 mustangs corner real nice once you upgrade the suspension components a bit. plus the weight distribution is near 50/50 so they are real agile in corners, supercharge a V6 mustang and you got a real nice car. Whats wrong with Shelby?

One word...Depreciation

If you buy the Hyundai plan on keeping it a long time otherwise you are gonna take it in the shorts much worse than many other cars when selling.

I think Hyundai has been making quality cars for the last decade and factory warranty is a big plus also. But man keep a car 2 years and lose 50% value, ouch! and then often you cannot even sell because upside down on loan amount vs current value.

I used to laugh at those figures for 5 year cost of ownership but not anymore. Too big of variance in resale value between Mfgs.
Welcome to my world.

i liked it until i seen the 14.5 i think it should be a little faster considering it has 306 HP

problem with these motors, much like the contour is they don't enjoy gobs and gobs of torque off the line...so yeah it boogies once it gets going but the mustang will pwn it from a dig.

also i see the 4 banger being a better seller with the tuners, with the turbo and all. here's to hoping the internals of the motor will be able to handle bolting on a giant turbo without blowing up.

although hopefully the 3.8 will take kindly to boost too. but who knows?

Whats wrong with Shelby?

He's a borderline crook who will put his name on anything to make a buck even if he had nothing to do with the development or even knew what was going on. He is one step above Lingenfelter only because Lingenfelter has been caught red handed in regards to fraud while Shelby was able to blame enough people that he was mostly forgotten about.

funny I thought all cars depreciated. If you want a car that doesnt depreciate quickly buy a honda or a mitsubishi.

The sad thing about Mitsubishi is their parent company may be close to pulling the plug on the auto division simply because its not the good tax write off that it used to be.

problem with these motors, much like the contour is they don't enjoy gobs and gobs of torque off the line...so yeah it boogies once it gets going but the mustang will pwn it from a dig.

These motors? Have you looked at the dyno plots for the 2.0 and 3.8?

He's a borderline crook who will put his name on anything to make a buck even if he had nothing to do with the development or even knew what was going on. He is one step above Lingenfelter only because Lingenfelter has been caught red handed in regards to fraud while Shelby was able to blame enough people that he was mostly forgotten about.

Who doesnt do that? I mean IDK if you are sore at him for the Unique Performance deal, but honestly I dont think the guy should be personally responsible for the bad business practices of a company he had a licensing agreement with. The people were at first conducting themselves as any reputable business would. Lot of bad circumstances led up to that, I dont think that you should hold Carroll Shelby responsible for the fact that he allowed them to use his name for the restoration/modification of cars his company originally produced. Thats normal a perfectly normal business practice. Allowing someone to use your name does not give you control over their company. There is only so much he could know ahead of time. Although I guess I understand if you are pissed about the lawsuits against Factory Five racing and the other groups.

The sad thing about Mitsubishi is their parent company may be close to pulling the plug on the auto division simply because its not the good tax write off that it used to be.

I dont think Mitsubishi Motors was EVER a tax write off for the Mitsubishi Group or Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. I know they have been considering pulling out of the north american market off and on for the past few years because of sluggish sales, but sluggish sales would be what would make it a "tax write off"

Who doesnt do that? I mean IDK if you are sore at him for the Unique Performance deal, but honestly I dont think the guy should be personally responsible for the bad business practices of a company he had a licensing agreement with. The people were at first conducting themselves as any reputable business would. Lot of bad circumstances led up to that, I dont think that you should hold Carroll Shelby responsible for the fact that he allowed them to use his name for the restoration/modification of cars his company originally produced. Thats normal a perfectly normal business practice. Allowing someone to use your name does not give you control over their company. There is only so much he could know ahead of time. Although I guess I understand if you are pissed about the lawsuits against Factory Five racing and the other groups.

I dont think Mitsubishi Motors was EVER a tax write off for the Mitsubishi Group or Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. I know they have been considering pulling out of the north american market off and on for the past few years because of sluggish sales, but sluggish sales would be what would make it a "tax write off"

My beef with Shelby is that he knew what was going on and when the heat got put on him he acted like he didnt know it was going on and threw his employees under the bus. The guy has a history of shady things and wheeling/dealing so I've always wondered why Ford loves him so much when he would probably run back to Chrysler if they offered him more money.

I cant find the article I was reading about Mitsubishi and their overlords but I did find this Motor Trend snip. "Mitsubishi, struggling to retain six-digit annual sales here, is essentially a tax writeoff for Mitsubishi UFJ, one of Japan's largest banks. If and when that tax writeoff becomes marginal, Mitsubishi will pull out of the U.S. market -- and perhaps out of the car business."

^good find...I was thinking of that Motor Trend article as well and didn't think you were too far off the mark...

Back