• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Genesis Coupe. I <3 you

Miata, yes. Solstice isn't bad but you really need the GTP (or whatever they call it, same the sky redline) to really enjoy it.

I'll agree with that. Nothing can touch the Miata as a cheap fun to drive car (if you can fit in one which I cant).

I'll agree with that. Nothing can touch the Miata as a cheap fun to drive car (if you can fit in one which I cant).
BS, i bet you could fit in a Miata. how big are you? I know guys who are 6' 3" 230 or bigger that fit in a book sized Locost (its a tight fit for some of them but they fit).

and if your looking for top down, cheap fun, a home built locost takes the cake. can be bought or built for around $6-7K usually (seen many builds cost under 5K), have the same or more power than a miata, and weigh only ~1500lbs.

No BS. My ex girlfriend had a Miata that I loved but at 6 foot 6.5 I could squeeze in to ride with the top down but could never drive it.

Now I have driven a Miata-based Locost and fit just fine but that had a racing seat and you basically sat on the floor working hinged pedals. Probably one of the scariest things I've ever done at it was the stock 1.8 Miata motor.

Instead of under estimating the Koreans maybe we should be pro-active with this growing car company instead of re-active:shrug: I mean we did learn our lesson in the 70's with Japanese cars, right:rolleyes:

No BS. My ex girlfriend had a Miata that I loved but at 6 foot 6.5 I could squeeze in to ride with the top down but could never drive it.

Now I have driven a Miata-based Locost and fit just fine but that had a racing seat and you basically sat on the floor working hinged pedals. Probably one of the scariest things I've ever done at it was the stock 1.8 Miata motor.
so your just too tall for the roof, but you fit otherwise.

driven 1.8 based one myself, i wouldnt call it scary though. fun as hell though. :crazy::laugh::laugh:

To get into the passenger side she had to get in and put the top down so I could pivot in correctly. I honestly got stuck trying to get in the drivers side once. With a different seat I think I could slide in a new one since they're a touch bigger.

To get into the passenger side she had to get in and put the top down so I could pivot in correctly. I honestly got stuck trying to get in the drivers side once. With a different seat I think I could slide in a new one since they're a touch bigger.

I don't remember what the seat was like in the car but if its real grippy and bigger guys can't get into all I can say to that is TOO BAD, go buy a Corvette where its got seats that allow anyone to fit into them, which is a shame because its the one constant I've read about for the Corvette for years. I'm tired of hearing a $20K Neon SRT-4 has better seats or the $30K EVO has better seats but I do agree with them.

I don't remember what the seat was like in the car but if its real grippy and bigger guys can't get into all I can say to that is TOO BAD, go buy a Corvette where its got seats that allow anyone to fit into them, which is a shame because its the one constant I've read about for the Corvette for years. I'm tired of hearing a $20K Neon SRT-4 has better seats or the $30K EVO has better seats but I do agree with them.
At 5' 6", 210lbs and a 36" waist I managed to squeeze into a 14.5" wide kirky economy drag seat. Had to take out the phone, wallet, and keys to get in but I did fit.

Here's the thing.

Hyundai has ZERO performance cred. NONE. They are an economy car company. They have never made any kind of performance vehicle... EVER. And as much as some people would like to say the Tiburon is one, they would be very, very wrong.

So now, all of a sudden , they come out with this supposed performance car. And it's not just billed as a "competitor", it's being touted as a "class-leader", "world-beater" and "Mustang-killer."

Every car is nice when it's brand new. But people are gonna buy these things. And they are going to beat on them. And they are gonna break - GLORIOUSLY.

And here's the part where everyone starts saying, "Look at Rhys Millen's Red Bull drift Genesis!" Well, yeah. Stock internals? No way. Stock turbo? Don't make ma laugh. Stock transaxle? If so, it's been cryo-treated. Stock drive shaft? No way. Stock differential? No. Stock wheels and tires? No. Cost to make it competitive? Tens of thousands of dollars. Easily.

Be glad they have a good warranty - you're gonna need it. And I foresee Hyundai denying a LOT of claims.

Well gee, the Mustang didn't have balls until Ford made them. :rolleyes: Spare me. This is a great new car - couldn't care less about what breaks and what doesn't. Can't play ball? Go home then. :shrug:

This gullibility is stupefying.

The faith (not gullibility) that a new generation of sports car is emerging to stand apart from my father's and his father's generation of decades old namesakes like Mustang, Camaro, Challenger? They're all last century.

Welcome to 2009. Some people want completely new and are willing to give it a shot. Giving it a shot means getting a chance to build a better version a few years down the road. Get my drift? How fearful people are to change. It took a decade to get my mother to use a cell phone. :nonono:

...coming from the guy who is making payments on a Hyundai as we speak. You're as biased on one side as I am on the other.

Back