• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Genesis Coupe. I <3 you

They both look nice. I'll take the one that's 10-15 thousand dollars cheaper please.

you do know sometimes its worth paying a few g's more for a car that could possibly be a better car to drive and etc...not talking about these 2 cars but in general..just my 02..

you do know sometimes its worth paying a few g's more for a car that could possibly be a better car to drive and etc...not talking about these 2 cars but in general..just my 02..
And sometimes you're just paying for a superficial name.

That being said, you'll never find anything without four rings or six stars in my garage.

wow talk about looking like my car..whats up with these people :nonono:

They have been copying designs for years...nothing too new with this company. One of the reasons I do not care for their cars

That being said, you'll never find anything without four rings or six stars in my garage.

Did you decide on this mantra before or after you owned a Contour/joined CEG :ponder:

Paying at least $10k more for a Nissan would make zero sense to me. I loved my friends Tiburon GT except for the weak engine and hated the 350Z he replaced it with.

They have been copying designs for years...nothing too new with this company. One of the reasons I do not care for their cars

Wait are you talking about Nissan or Hyundai here?

hyundai lovvves copying other companies, but if they can do it and produce cheaper cars, i'm all for it!

stock for stock, i'd take the g. but i never leave a car stock, and the hyundai just looks so damn good with mods for so much cheaper.

you gotta hand it to hyundai, they've done great things lately! :cool:

I did a quick chop of the headlights with paint to get rid of the dip. Maybe someone will make these in fiberglass? Looks wayyyyyy better IMO. I noticed the white car in the background has this done.

night and day man!

the white car had different headlights in the original pic and it looks amazing. i wouldn't doubt someone comes out with straight headlights and a modified fender

The one in the back appears to have paint or vinyl on it (you can see the lines from the fender/bumper still), it also has a strip on the top of the headlight to follow the line from the hood.

bk_blue.JPG

They have been copying designs for years...nothing too new with this company. One of the reasons I do not care for their cars.

Wait are you talking about Nissan or Hyundai here?

I think he doesn't realize just about every car company does it.

How do you figure?? Mercury copying Ford, Toyota copying Lexus...that is to be expected they are the same company.

I'm talking about Hyundai stealing OTHER companies designs. They are notorious for it.

I'm talking about Hyundai stealing OTHER companies designs. They are notorious for it.

A lot of cars end up looking like cars developed at the same time. The G37 reminds me of the old Tiburon so why not say that they stole the look in the first place?

G35 looks nothing like any model Tiberon
G37 looks like and carries over design of G35 and also came out before Genesis Coupe

Genesis Coupe looks like G37...:shrug:

How do you figure?? Mercury copying Ford, Toyota copying Lexus...that is to be expected they are the same company.

...are you seriously saying I didn't know Toyota and Lexus or Ford and Mercury were the same companies? :help:

Almost every car company takes style cues from widely popular cars that aren't their own.

G35 looks nothing like any model Tiberon
G37 looks like and carries over design of G35 and also came out before Genesis Coupe

Genesis Coupe looks like G37...:shrug:

The 350Z always looked like a natual Z car evolution to me. Then the G35 Coupe looked like a cross of the G35 sedan and 350Z. The Tiburon always looked like a curvy low slung rwd coupe even though it was fwd. The Genesis looks like the evolution of that and now the G37 also looks like it. Thats how I've seen it. :shrug:

The one in the back appears to have paint or vinyl on it (you can see the lines from the fender/bumper still), it also has a strip on the top of the headlight to follow the line from the hood.
ahh you're right!

not a bad idea, looks aggressive :cool:

Back