• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is your gas mileage?

I was getting 150 miles to a tank from my new 97 2.5L Se.

After changing the plugs, wires, new upper and lower o2 sensor..and an intake cleaning. So far i got 100 miles and i'm still above the 1/4 tank.
Thank god in my mind :) I think i'll get around 300 to a tank if not 320. Which is a hell of a lot better then my svt.

Cause my svt gets about 250 to a tank.:nonono:

I have a huge swing in mileage depending on city or highway driving. On the highway I seem to get around 22-23, but in the city it's usually about 14 or 15, has been as low as 10.

he means that it isn't tuned. you can't use the taurus pcm if that is what you where getting at.

I thought maybe like a cougar one or something...:shrug:

Anyways, gotcha, yeah, mine needs tuned. But I just wanted to make sure before I did the tune/flash...that it would fix somewhat of the problem. Get a little better economy.:help:

Full 3L, headers and ypipe - no tune, no imrc, multiple CEL's and a camshaft position error and I get around 21 MPG driving mostly freeway. On the way to SZ last year I squeezed 29.5mpg out of a tank :cool:

Full 3L, headers and ypipe - no tune, no imrc, multiple CEL's and a camshaft position error and I get around 21 MPG driving mostly freeway. On the way to SZ last year I squeezed 29.5mpg out of a tank :cool:

And he doesn't drive easy folks! :laugh:

Full '01 3.0, headers, y-pipe, eBay intake with K&N filter.

When I first got the car it was untuned and I was getting ~13-15 mpg. Of course, I had finally gotten the clutch broken in and was enjoying the crap out of the 3.0.

Now it's typically 22-24mpg with an equal mix of in-town and 80mph interstate driving. With a bias towards interstate driving I'll pull 25 and if it's all highway miles on my E0s, I get 28. The best I ever got with my bigger, heavier Cougar rims was 26mpg, and I went over 3000rpm in a gear other than 5th no more than three times during that tank.

I installed MIL's and now I get a steads 23/24 MPG - That is 275 miles on one tank and I wasn't below E yet... :cool:

Wonder what I'll get after a tune...

Back