• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What is your gas mileage?

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Got a '02 Taurus Motor, Full 3L other than svt cams/timing chains. The only trouble code I get is low voltage to Throttle Position Sensor circuit. Voltage checks out good. It's a new sensor. I got a 3L Sensor and was curious if I need to see if a 2.5 would fit/ make a difference or even be the problem.

Some info:

Gutted Cats + Mileliminators
Non Tuned
Vaccumm lines all right (to my knowledge)

Would a tune from Joey re map the computer and fix the problem?

I just need to know what to tackle to get it right the first time.
Any input helps! Thanks guys.

Check the connector and wiring to TPS.
Did you ever remove the TPS and re-install it?

Got a '02 Taurus Motor, Full 3L other than svt cams/timing chains. The only trouble code I get is low voltage to Throttle Position Sensor circuit. Voltage checks out good. It's a new sensor. I got a 3L Sensor and was curious if I need to see if a 2.5 would fit/ make a difference or even be the problem.

Some info:

Gutted Cats + Mileliminators
Non Tuned
Vaccumm lines all right (to my knowledge)

Would a tune from Joey re map the computer and fix the problem?

I just need to know what to tackle to get it right the first time.
Any input helps! Thanks guys.

I get about 23 in the city with my hybrid 3L. The most I ever got was 26 on the way home from MI, but I was going a tad bit fast. ;) The least I ever got was 21 on an autocross weekend.

what tb are you using? I would match the tps to the tb. also make sure you installed it correctly.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=108

I am getting the same MPG that my 2.5L had as I am in my 2005 ported 3L. I am seeing about 300 miles to the tank.

I am getting the same MPG that my 2.5L had as I am in my 2005 ported 3L. I am seeing about 300 miles to the tank.

I'm seeing around 200 to the tank.:cry:

what tb are you using? I would match the tps to the tb. also make sure you installed it correctly.

Using the 3L TB and tps is new and installed the only way it would go on. The code says low voltage in the circuit and I tested the resistance and it seems as if the TPS is bad. I'll try throwing the other one i have on to see if it fixes it.

250 a tank and i drive it till its beyond E. i drive like crap, and i have "no" exhaust. i think that is killing my mileage.

After picking the car up in the UP, I ran 225 miles and then I figured I would fill up....took 6.5 gallons. Now, since it is winter, I am getting 225-250 a tank and filling up with around 11 gallons. That is actually up hill both ways to and from work.

Back