• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

installing 3L today, need vacuum pieces

Ares

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone have the two hard plastic vacuum pieces that come out of the top of the manifold, don't know what they're called, vacuum supply hoses? The ones that are a b!tch to take out and you break if you suck at machanics, like me.

I'm dropping the 3L in today so if anyone close by has them , please let me know. Or if you're not close. If nobody here has one I'll still need it anyway. My junkyard doesn't have anything right now. I'll pull them off my SE to fire up the SVT in the meantime. While I'm at it, let me ask this too. Anyone want to help me drop a 3L in my svt today? If you're not far from Oak Lawn, stop by and hang out, drink beers, etc.

Oh man! It's about time :laugh: - glad to hear you are back into it. I don't have those parts you need and obviously I didn't make it down. Good luck with the install!

wish you would have posted this ealier... I just threw what you were looking away the other weekend when I cleaned the hell outta the garage to make room for another snowblower.

I had the whole vaccuum cluster and the lines which hooked directly up to the UIM.
its in the Dane County dump along with other pieces that probably would have made people cry. LOL

wish you would have posted this ealier... I just threw what you were looking away the other weekend when I cleaned the hell outta the garage to make room for another snowblower.

I had the whole vaccuum cluster and the lines which hooked directly up to the UIM.
its in the Dane County dump along with other pieces that probably would have made people cry. LOL

Damn you, I would have come over to get that stuff out of your way.... :nonono:
What else did you toss :confused:?????????

YOu know I pack rat everything.... could of gave them to me :(

I still have an SVT Cluster, black valve covers, Cougar UIM, coil pack, sparkplug wires and 2 OMP strut bars - I've been holding on to some of those things as barter materials for Barnes but I dont think I can find the time for some powercoating nor does my car really need it.

You dont need to know what I threw out.. as it would have made you all cry... I think the dump could have made a little contour lookin golf cart though had it been a build project from my parts LOL

Sell me everything you have left, and for cheap. NOW - I don't want it all going back to the jy where the contour was born :nonono:. You probably threw out that exhaust that you had under your deck too....

Sell me everything you have left, and for cheap. NOW - I don't want it all going back to the jy where the contour was born :nonono:. You probably threw out that exhaust that you had under your deck too....

nope.. that was given away free to buttonpuncher I think?

I have a ton of Cougar stuff too... namely headlight assemblies - if anyone is interested in adding projectors to your contour assemblies I'll give you a big package deal with 4 or 5 light assemblies to tinker with.

Joe - pm me a price (reasonably please - its not nice to lowball your friends) on the valve covers, omp bars and the Coug UIM... if you refinish all those with your powercoating flair you should be able to make a decent profit seeing as how I dont want to deal with ebay costs and shipping charges.

I also have a dented hood if someone wants to pick it up for free as well... (scrap metal?)

I should have what you need for vacuum lines. which one did you snap?

I'm all good with the lines now. But I still don't have the retainer rings that keep the lines secure at the top of the mani. I guess it holds the line there and I tore them to crap trying to get them out. If you have those I could take them off your hands.

And by the way. I didn't get too far with the install Saturday. Big surprise there right? So I'll throw it out there again. If anyone would be interested in a 3L install meet/hang out at my place this Saturday, let me know. Drinks and eats provided if there's interest.

I want to get this 3L fired up Saturday if it kills me.

I might be game. I'm not much help, but I did give moral support to Adam (ShoGoFast) when he was finishing up his 3L Turbo.

I might be game. I'm not much help, but I did give moral support to Adam (ShoGoFast) when he was finishing up his 3L Turbo.

Cool. I can use all the support I can get. I'd really like to check out your ride too.

Anyone is welcome to stop by. I saw the thread about a meet going on Saturday in Bolingbrook. For all you guys going to that and are looking to do something afterward, I'm not all that far from there. Seriously, let me know and I'll pm my info.

dammit, I'd love to help out but saturday may be a no-go for me. the GF is having her housewarming party that night. I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter how I phrase "so theres a car meet I really want to go to" that I'm going to get yelled at.... but PM me your addy and phone number anyways.

glad you sourced some vacuum lines... I've been stockpiling them because I've already busted them twice. no I dont have spares of the retainer rings.

nope.. that was given away free to buttonpuncher I think?

I have a ton of Cougar stuff too... namely headlight assemblies - if anyone is interested in adding projectors to your contour assemblies I'll give you a big package deal with 4 or 5 light assemblies to tinker with.

Joe - pm me a price (reasonably please - its not nice to lowball your friends) on the valve covers, omp bars and the Coug UIM... if you refinish all those with your powercoating flair you should be able to make a decent profit seeing as how I dont want to deal with ebay costs and shipping charges.

I also have a dented hood if someone wants to pick it up for free as well... (scrap metal?)

You know I could work off some of those parts :D

LOL, doing what?

honestly whats left? I already had you install things in both the Jeep and the Scoob - LOL

The only thing left is moving that amp enclosure to get to my fuel pump but I'm pretty sure we are going to do that this weekend without you. :(

pretty sure all the remaining parts sitting in my garage (and Gabes) are going on my Scoob this month... Yeeeehaw... 300+ AWHP right before Winter is always a good time. LOL

LOL, doing what?

honestly whats left? I already had you install things in both the Jeep and the Scoob - LOL

The only thing left is moving that amp enclosure to get to my fuel pump but I'm pretty sure we are going to do that this weekend without you. :(

pretty sure all the remaining parts sitting in my garage (and Gabes) are going on my Scoob this month... Yeeeehaw... 300+ AWHP right before Winter is always a good time. LOL

Dammit, I want to go! But I'd have to be back by 4 for work :(

Drive your cool SVT.... win-win!

Drive your cool SVT.... win-win!

take your own car and follow us there... You can leave whenever that way... I hope to be home by 4pm but just incase something goes wrong I dont want to have to make you panic...

We are going to install everything so its a pretty large job... Gabe says that the injectors alone will take close to 3 hours as they are buried deep.

dammit, I'd love to help out but saturday may be a no-go for me. the GF is having her housewarming party that night. I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter how I phrase "so theres a car meet I really want to go to" that I'm going to get yelled at.... but PM me your addy and phone number anyways.

glad you sourced some vacuum lines... I've been stockpiling them because I've already busted them twice. no I dont have spares of the retainer rings.

Check your pm.

Yeah that's a tough one. Don't want to PO the gf on her housewarming. Maybe something like,

You: I'll be back. I've got this thing I have to do.

GF: Where you going?

You: Don't worry I'll be back before the party starts.

GF: WTF! Where the hell are you going?

You: Okay you really want to know? You ruined it. I have to go pick up your surprise housewarming gift. Happy now?

If anyone else is interested in hanging out in Oak Lawn at my place Saturday, let me know. I've got room for 5 or 6 contours in my driveway. Could make for a mini meet while we drop the 3L in.

Back