• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new toys!!

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
Got these in the mail a little while ago... Soon I will have some headlight to retro them into...

I can't get the pictures to load... Hopefully i can get them up soon...

Dsc00041.jpg

Dsc00046.jpg

Dsc00042.jpg

Last edited:
The suspense...........:rolleyes:

You have to load them up to a website like photobucket/flikr and then put the link in between ...... Cant do it right off your computer!

- amyn

Last edited:
what projectors are those?

Our housings are very tight so I hope you did your homework to see if they will fit.

I'd suggest getting a clear lens if possible. It makes the cutoff that much better. When I finally get around to it my retro will be installed w/ clear lens. I have all the parts just no time :bah:

what projectors are those?

Our housings are very tight so I hope you did your homework to see if they will fit.

I'd suggest getting a clear lens if possible. It makes the cutoff that much better. When I finally get around to it my retro will be installed w/ clear lens. I have all the parts just no time :bah:

They are BMW 5 series xenon projectors... If the headlights that I am buying aren't totally clear I'm gonna wet sand them and polish them up...

what i meant was a clear projector lens.

Those are fresnel lenses. The little rings make the cutoff fuzzier. Depending on the brand/make of projector some come w/ clear and some come w/ fresnel. Some people even swap clear lenses from other projectors to replace their fresnel lenses. The only thing with that is you have to know the lenses focal points etc.

The projectors that I have were made both ways, with a fresnel and clear. I was able to pick up a set of clear lenses for mine.

quick question ... would it be illegal to drive at night with fog lights and driving lights?

it differes by state but I would say most do not allow you to have more then 4 forwards facing lights on at a time. note how stock the fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on ...

what i meant was a clear projector lens.

Those are fresnel lenses. The little rings make the cutoff fuzzier. Depending on the brand/make of projector some come w/ clear and some come w/ fresnel. Some people even swap clear lenses from other projectors to replace their fresnel lenses. The only thing with that is you have to know the lenses focal points etc.

The projectors that I have were made both ways, with a fresnel and clear. I was able to pick up a set of clear lenses for mine.

The fresnel style is like a haze almost, right? If so then, these are clear lens'.

fresnel means the lens has the rings engraved in the glass lens. Just look at your lens on the projector. The little rings in the glass. Those rings make your cutoff all blurry. If you take your lens off the projector and try to look through it you will see how distorted everything will look. In essence these rings do the same thing with the HID light when it shines through the lens. The rings disperse the light and also blur the cutoff.

By clear lenses I mean a projector lens w/ out the rings. If you hold in up and look through it everything will be clear. Off focus but very clear. This type of lens makes your cutoff razor sharp b/c there are no rings dispersing the light and blurring the cutoff

it differes by state but I would say most do not allow you to have more then 4 forwards facing lights on at a time. note how stock the fog lights turn off when the high beams are turned on ...

That's not what he was asking.

Yes, it would be illegal to do so. Fog lights are not headlights. It might look cool but they won't light up the road for you.

Back