• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can you beat this?

Hehe. I filled up at 333 last night and plugged my info into My Mile Marker and it gave me a healthy 26.7mpg.

BrApple- which car is this with on your signature?

the 95 Mystique, Zetec, 5spd, 204k, drop in k&n air filter, mixed driving.

best I have average was ~29 mpg one year that I was commuting 165 miles round trip (total miles in one day) to work. since then it has dropped off to about ~26 mpg on average.

the previousl time that I would have gotten as many miles on a tank would have been driving nothing but highway miles. So I think this is pretty good for mixed driving.

i did change the parking brake handle a little while ago so I don't know if that caused any problems, and I changed the fuel filter again yesterday morning. it needs an oil change and I should check the tire pressures and see what the next tank gives.

Filled up today. 381 miles average of 28mpg. There was enough I could have easily made it to 400 miles on the tank. My goal now is to reach 30mpg. I think that I can because I had to go downtown all last week and I have to switch HWY's on a clover leaf and that kills the average.

ended up with 372 miles which is 29 mpg. this next tank I will do more highway and see what happens. I would like to see 400.

ended up with 372 miles which is 29 mpg. this next tank I will do more highway and see what happens. I would like to see 400.

Is that in your Zetec? :help:

I hit 280 at 1/2 a tank, and now I am at 305 at like 3/8 of a tank... I hate how fast it drops from this point on... I know I can get at least another 100 miles in... So far there has only been like 10 miles of highway driving and I have gone over my 2.5k limit a couple of times :eek:

Right now I am not sure if the improved MPG is worth it, I miss 5.75k :cry: :laugh:

I'm at 6 miles and 1/2 tank- beat that! :p

I had to pull the trip reset stick off, and putting it back on reset it. I'm really at about 170 or so.

Not possible.

I did 300 miles of cruise control driving @ 55mph on a flat highway with no lights / radio / AC / windows up everything that could be done to get best MPG and I topped out at 31.8. Sorry reebs, not buying it. Not out of a v6 SVT anyways.

Not possible.

I did 300 miles of cruise control driving @ 55mph on a flat highway with no lights / radio / AC / windows up everything that could be done to get best MPG and I topped out at 31.8. Sorry reebs, not buying it. Not out of a v6 SVT anyways.

I have done way over 300 before and not all of it on the highway. I even had the windows down. Going above 75mph too.

Not possible.

Sorry, but something must be wrong there. See my earlier post. If a constant 87 could get me 29, I have to believe that mid-30's is possible.

I have done way over 300 before and not all of it on the highway. I even had the windows down. Going above 75mph too.

I'm saying I went 300 miles before filling up, not that I got 300 miles per tank. Was 300 basically flat miles that would have been perfect for milage.

TX00SVT, You would think that but I have been unable to crack 32 just cruising at safe highway speeds. You'd also think that if mid 30's was easy there would be more members here getting that, and the EPA estimate would be higher.

All i'm saying is the OP could not have gotten that much mileage unless there was already 100+ miles on the trip when he started.

I have had a non-SVT V6 for 12 years and I have dontried every trick in the book to get good mileage. And I drive pretty conservatively anyway.

The best I have EVER done is 31 MPG on a tankful of gas.

Back