• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

***OFFICIAL*** Florida Meet - Ocala - July 12th

My cousin's birthday is the 12th. I'm not going to make this meet. My family also want to celebrate my birthday the same weekend. I could care less about my own birthday however.

we had a big bunch of our stangs out last night, as I had told all you were going to stop by. I had asked Marty to keep us posted on it. Hope we can have 15-20 again if you show up.

On a side note, these is a show on July 26th for a little girl who has Luchemia. All proceeds will go to help her parents out with bills.

It is at the Ocala First Church of the Nazarene, 3732 N.E. Seventh St., Ocala. The show is from 10 am to 3 pm on July 26th. Registration is from 9 to 11 am.

Contact Josh Gilmore to pre-register for $20 at 803-984-7662 or jdgman6@yahoo.com. On the day of the event it is $25. All procedes will go to Verniece.

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.ocala.com/article/20080626/NEWS/251468061

Hotel choice

Hotel choice

Looking at a Days Inn for the hotel..
There are 2 available. One is right off I-75, the other looks to be closer to "town"

Option1

Option2

I have asked Marty to give his input of the 2 locations.

What are everybody else's thoughts?
Prices are very reasonable at about $60-$70 for the night.

I know exactly where both of those hotels are located. And from memory, option #2 appears to be nicer looking from the outside. I havent stayed at either, so I couldnt tell you which one is a better stay? The two hotels are literally 2 or 3 blocks apart from each other, #2 being "further" away from downtown. See if there are reviews on either of the hotel websites. Either is a good location as Garlits is just south on I-75.

What are we planning on doing after Garlits that afernoon?

Both are resonably priced. Either one is fine by me.

As some may know, I am an employee of a Sleep Inn and Suites in port Charlotte, and I may be able to get us some descent rates at the Sleep Inn in Ocala... someone please let me know what the rate they got at the Days Inn is so i can have them beat it for us, and I will also need to know about how many rooms we will be needing!

Thanks!

Kyle

1. Brent372 / SVTFLEA
2.SVTTOUR
3. mart_svt
4. KerryKool
5. contourSVT99
6. HolyRollerzC3 (Maybe)

1. Brent372
2.SVTTOUR
3. mart_svt
4. KerryKool
5. contourSVT99
6. HolyRollerzC3 (Maybe)

As of right now, I will not be going

Man i wish i could go i just cant afford the gas in the truck and im deff not taking the bike for a 4 hr road trip..LOL..

So which hotel we calling to reserve rooms? Getting close to that deadline. Also what time should we be there by? I'm guessing we are meeting at the museum earlier in the day.

I'm not sure if my car will show up clean or not, its been raining everyday now.

Last edited:
Well the hotel kyle works at is in Port charlotte he should be able to get a deal with the same hetel up and around there if there is one around there.

So which hotel we calling to reserve rooms? Getting close to that deadline. Also what time should we be there by? I'm guessing we are meeting at the museum earlier in the day.

I'm not sure if my car will show up clean or not, its been raining everyday now.
Well, it appears the "Sleep Inn and Suites" is literally right next to Don Garlits lol. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...039,-82.154421&spn=0.004137,0.010257&t=h&z=17

So if Kyle can get a better deal than $60 there, its pretty much a no brainer? It doesnt matter to me, as I dont need to book a room. I'm just trying to help coordinate things.

What time Sat. morning are we going to Garlits?

Hotel Info

Hotel Info

Kyle was unable to get a better rate.

Hotel and OTHER IMPORTANT information has been added to the first post in this thread.

SEE YOU ALL THERE !!!!

Since this is only 1.5 hours away from my house I might not be sleeping at the hotel, unless the wife comes. When is the deadline to book it?

You will be missing out if you don't stay. Experience has always been that the best part of the meet is the party at the hotel.

Besides.. do you really want to drive another 3 hours (round trip) on Sunday morning for breakfast?

There is no deadline.
I called the hotel today and they are only at about 15% capacity for Saturday night.

Back