• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tighten throttle cable for mustang TB

I already have the TB I need laying around, so the 65MM it is.

It will not be stock for long.

I have only had it for about 4 days. So far I have the SVT cluster, 5-spoke SVT Rims, SVT Springs/Struts and some coilovers in the mail.

Once I get it inspected all that will be going on.

Once I finish my project zx2 I will be making up headers and true dual ehxaust, SVT PCM, different IM it looks like (Suggestions? SVT IM or KLZE IM),
sorry homie..wrong 2.5l. the kl series engine is a mazda,the duratec is a ford,nothing is interchangable between the two

That's surprising I figured parts like that would be swappable.

SVT IM it is.

Where is the Duratec made?

I scored 2 65mm tb's today at the jy... Already started optimizing one of them... :D

Will finish tomorrow or thursday and post my findings...

I scored 2 65mm tb's today at the jy... Already started optimizing one of them... :D

Will finish tomorrow or thursday and post my findings...

DO not opt a 65mm. You will lose power!!!! It is large enough.

No stock contour should have on a 65mm.
Also it won't fit because the opening is too small anyways.

DO not opt a 65mm. You will lose power!!!!
I don't want to sound like an ass here but that doesn't make any sense to me. Considering that the stock MAF outlet ID is 75mm, how would you LOSE power by optimizing a 65mm TB?

I don't want to sound like an ass here but that doesn't make any sense to me. Considering that the stock MAF outlet ID is 75mm, how would you LOSE power by optimizing a 65mm TB?
Well the inlet is 75mm the outlet is 70mm

Did you compensate for the center bar obstruction? i did measurements for this, IIRC from my own numbers :laugh: It was 53-57mm.

Se tb is 50mm or 55mm:shrug:
svt is 60mm
maf is 70mm- with center bar is around 53-57.
The svt tb is great for all around.

See i have a 75mm maf coupled with my 65mm tb it works out great. Its a perfect combo.

Star you have a 3L you are fine and you could even put a 70mm tb on it for kicks to see the difference.

I will have to look up the flow numbers. Demonsvt had them posted and pole did a flow bench 2 years ago with just the svt maf opt and that was plenty of air entering the car. He stated that the TB flowed 63mm.

I'm looking at bench flow numbers not just butt dyno numbers.:cool:

I agree that i did gain alot of low end tq, lost some mid range but top end was great. Again i have no flow numbers to prove or dyno numbers of my gains.

I can already guess it would be around 68.3----68.7mm

On a stock maf that flows 53-57mm and a tb that flows 65mm we are off here my friends.

Now install a 80mm lightening maf and use a 65mm tb and you are almost balanced. Then again on a stock motor you might lose some power. Its been argued soo many times over the years. We still don't have any solid numbers to help defend either side of the argument here. I do know that the cfm flow is too much for the stock 2.5l to take which results with too much air = uneven balance inside the intakes = lose of power.

Well the inlet is 75mm the outlet is 70mm
The outlet of mine just measured at 75mm, inlet is larger still... though I didn't account for the taper out, so I guess 70mm should be more accurate for the area that actually matters. :blackeye:

On a stock maf that flows 53-57mm and a tb that flows 65mm we are off here my friends.
But potential flow area is not the be-all end-all here. IMO, It's better to have a mathematically larger than "needed" TB, than to have a mathematically adequate one. Either way, you're still only going to be using whatever can get through your MAFS.

I have a Mustang 70mm TB on right now. The outlet of the TB is 70mm, but the inlet is actually smaller at like 67mm, IIRC. I have another Mustang 70mm TB that I bored out to 70mm straight through. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to swap them out. When I do, I'll strap it to the dyno for comparison of before and after. :cool:

The outlet of mine just measured at 75mm, inlet is larger still... though I didn't account for the taper out, so I guess 70mm should be more accurate for the area that actually matters. :blackeye:

But potential flow area is not the be-all end-all here. IMO, It's better to have a mathematically larger than "needed" TB, than to have a mathematically adequate one. Either way, you're still only going to be using whatever can get through your MAFS.

I have a Mustang 70mm TB on right now. The outlet of the TB is 70mm, but the inlet is actually smaller at like 67mm, IIRC. I have another Mustang 70mm TB that I bored out to 70mm straight through. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to swap them out. When I do, I'll strap it to the dyno for comparison of before and after. :cool:

Wait your 177//188 was dyno'd with a 70mm tb? And a stock maf?

Wait your 177//188 was dyno'd with a 70mm tb? And a stock maf?
Yeah... and 179hp now, (I'm hybridized if you didn't know). It's almost amazing what opening up the gap on your plugs can do. One of these days I'm going to post those comparison runs on here. The gains are considerable across the board. For anyone who doesn't know, these coils of ours kick ass.

My best run has actually been 181/192, but I haven't been able to duplicate those numbers so I don't count that run... sort of like the runs I did without the serp belt. :laugh:

Yeah... and 179hp now, (I'm hybridized if you didn't know). It's almost amazing what opening up the gap on your plugs can do. One of these days I'm going to post those comparison runs on here. The gains are considerable across the board. For anyone who doesn't know, these coils of ours kick ass.

My best run has actually been 181/192, but I haven't been able to duplicate those numbers so I don't count that run... sort of like the runs I did without the serp belt. :laugh:

lmao , the old school way of producing numbers or running the car for a short peroid :laugh:

So you have a 3.0l block--- svt heads--- with 3l cams--- and--- svt lim---and svt uim ? With a 70mm tb and stock MAF?

Interesting setup thats for sure. Those Tq numbers are really high, did you do this run on a dynojet?

3L block & cams, SE heads, had the SVT IM's but recently put on the split-port 3L IM's, 70mm TB, stock MAF, short-ram.

Yes, these are on a dynojet.

3L block & cams, SE heads, had the SVT IM's but recently put on the split-port 3L IM's, 70mm TB, stock MAF, short-ram.

Yes, these are on a dynojet.

Do you have by any chance your dyno sheet?

Those are honestly great numbers IMHO

I have nver really seen soo much tq over hp on these cars.:crazy:

well,the cams,manifold and se lim are all designed more for tq than hp,small diameter ports in the lim.

well,the cams,manifold and se lim are all designed more for tq than hp,small diameter ports in the lim.

I agree, but those tq numbers are way higher than the hp numbers. Stock is 170hp and 165tq. He blew the hp out of the water. Plus he is using the SE heads, and not the higher compression svt heads for even more tq.

He did have svt uim and lim on before he went to the split port.

If that was the case, he didn't have the se LIM on at the time.

Contour.jpg

This was with the SVT IM's. The secondaries are completely removed, BTW.

It should be noted that this thing pulled 154.5hp & 175.8tq on the first run I did with it. The only mods I had at the time, (outside of the 3L block & cams), were gutted precats, and a 70mm TB w/slightly bored UIM opening to accomodate the larger TB plate.

Why didn't you post this sooner, That is a nice chart 2nd those numbers are very intersting!!

BTW do you think you need a tune:laugh: I would really be intersted in the numbers you put down when ou do finally get your tuned done.

Back