• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tighten throttle cable for mustang TB

The sizing of things like the MAF and TB aren't just about how much they flow, but at what velocity does that volume of air need to travel to flow through the TB.

Most people will bigger throttle bodies talk more about throttle response than actual power. Mostly because a bigger TB cracking open at the same angle obviously lets in more air.

Why didn't you post this sooner
I did... just in another thread. :cool:

BTW do you think you need a tune:laugh: I would really be intersted in the numbers you put down when ou do finally get your tuned done.
Yeah, could definitely use a tune. But I want to see how much I can get out of it untuned first. I think the factory programming has a lot more potential than people give it credit for. I'm also still determined to fix my apparent detonation issue. I'll likely have the PRP software eventually... but that's going to be my last power-adder.

I did... just in another thread. :cool:

Yeah, could definitely use a tune. But I want to see how much I can get out of it untuned first. I think the factory programming has a lot more potential than people give it credit for. I'm also still determined to fix my apparent detonation issue. I'll likely have the PRP software eventually... but that's going to be my last power-adder.

Your very lucky because some people can't even get the car to idle, let alone drive with the se pcm.

I must of missed the other thread.

Was it in the dyno section?

Back