• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

It's alright. I'm going to use the stripped one for the track car. Weld shut, drill and tap, and run 37degree fittings with custom lines for the aftermarket cooler and shiz....

Or give me the fittings and i'll TIG them on? Then you don't have to worry about shavings getting into the rack.

Pulled a hetfield? LMAO he would have had to run into the work bench to pull a hetfield......yes I will NEVER let it die.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dummer...... you TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! :cool:

NO ???? sherlock! I've only seen the movie a couple hundred times. Dummer or dumber?

Couldn't sleep, went to the garage to work on ginger some more. Ended my night by taking her for a little shake-down drive.....yes, drive. :cool:

So how was it? How does that exhaust sound with the gutted cats?

With the gutted cats and un-optimized y, it's actually a lot more mellow that it was with the headers and opt y. I like it, but i think i'm putting the baffles i anyway.

Glad to hear you got to drive it. That must feel good to really have brought that car back. Nice job!

Been driving Ginger for two days now. Have a wicked clunk in the front end that i need to track down, car needs an alignment. Other than that she's feelin' fine.

For a short while I'm switching my focus from the Silver car to Getting Philly's 3L ready for when his trans comes back from build, and listing parts for sale. I've come to the conclusion that just about everything with the exception of the the track car & parts, and the items that will be used for BLKOUT2's rebirth, epic as that event will be ;) are being sold. Ginger included. I've gone through every single system on this car and invested so much of my time and effort into it, that i'd almost rather have a paycheck for what i have into it, than even bother keeping it. Needless to say, the car is 10 times more reliable now than it was when i got it and could make a nice driver for someone.

So since I've owned her(just over a year). I've put 2k miles on her....and I've done:

New windshield
Brakes all around
New(er) struts all around
50k mile steering rack, lines and new fluid
MNB interior swap
130K mile engine swap
50k mile trans
Brand new SVT clutch/tob

That's just the big stuff. I've done so much to bring this car back to where it should have been from the start. Im fortunate to have had my stockpile of parts and some help from friends, that have helped me keep cost down on what was supposed to be a budget DD. I've got $700 into her, and had her delivered for $1800, so i'm doing OK...if i could get 3K for her, she'd be gone. :shrug:

Someone give me $1500 for her. Needs an alternator and tires and pass front abs sensor. I'm losing my ass on this but i need the money.....bad.

Back