• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

I wrapped up the interior this afternoon, and just started digging into the mechanical repairs of the car. This guy is a :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing crook.

There are more problems with this car than i could have imagined, and was told of NONE of it by the guy i bought it from (i.e. the pulled bulbs in the gauge panel to hide three trouble lights). This car wasn't worth the $1800 i paid, period. I got screwed and i hate when people do that to others. I'm too far in into the re-build to give up and walk away, i just didn't intend on putting as much time and money into the car as I'm now going to have to. Now, on the plus side, after finding the problems i now have, i will be doing an even more through inspection of the rest of the car, and fixing all the problems, so hopefully the car gives me no trouble for a long time. If i thought i could get 4k for this thing when it's done, it would be out the door in a second, but the mileage won't bring the money(IMO - regardless of how much i've refreshed the car), so I'm keeping it.

You forgot the spice rack

n525733080_623699_7755.jpg

The interior of that car really flows together man! Gives contour more of a feel for a name. Ginger is starting to look sexier and sexier the more you work on her :)! On a more serious note, I hope the trouble light problems are not major problems, let me know if your going to hit some junk yards, I'll lend a hand if you want.

He just asked me about the yard the other day, I need to find a couple of things. And a day off and were gonna go!

mon - fri I usually work 8am - noon, sometimes I close @ bestbuy at night as well, this week I have wed and saturday to close. If you plan on a Sat let me know, cause I need to get that swapped if you plan a sat.

I may be moving my other car back home fri and sat, we'll see, I still haven't heard from my bro on the situation.

Motor comes out Sunday....along with all the suspension and subframes....

I Finally finished up a customer car after a gauntlet of setbacks and I'm ready to tear into this thing again. Should be a hell of a daily when I'm done, looking all new-like and purrrrrdy inside and out. I'm looking at a realistic time frame of one month start to finish. :cool: Then, it's track car time once again, which I'm even more psyched for as i have just about everything here now do build it.

So you got out of your funk on not wanting to work on tours now? What are you taking all that apart for? You're planning on getting it all done in one month? Why do you set unrealisic timeframes for things, I think that was part of your original problem with wanting to get away from tours :confused:

:whoa: :eek: I can't wait to see it all done. Interior was turning out nice :drool:.
?!JOSH IS ALIVE!?

So you got out of your funk on not wanting to work on tours now? What are you taking all that apart for? You're planning on getting it all done in one month? Why do you set unrealisic timeframes for things, I think that was part of your original problem with wanting to get away from tours :confused:

Been out of the funk for a while now and was working on customer cars.

I'm taking it "all" (engine and suspension) out because it's the last link in the chain that hasn't been checked to make this car good to go. The grinding trans needs replacing as well as some gaskets on the motor, installing headers and replacing some steering and suspension bits that are just plain missing from the car. A month isn't at all unrealistic for what i need to do, i just need to stick with it....the addition of air tools these days should help expedite the work as well. If it ends up taking longer, so be it, at least it'll be done right and not a hack-job like the previous owner left it.

Yes Joe, I'm alive, just not around as much these days. :) Hopefully that'll change soon enough.

Back