• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

As much fun as SZ was this year...

Clearly you've never been here.....

Nope....don't want to get shot. :laugh: I have heard more than a fair share of stories about that town. Just doesn't seem very appealing to me, that is all.
From Wiki
Violent crime in Milwaukee has declined substantially since the late 1990s: For several years, Milwaukee ranked among the ten most dangerous large cities in the United States,[36] however in recent years, Milwaukee no longer appears among the top 25 most dangerous cities.[37] However, despite its improvement, Milwaukee still fares worse than average when comparing specific crime types to the national average (e.g., homicide, rape, robbery); only aggravated assaults occur less frequently in Milwaukee than the national average.[38]

Nope....don't want to get shot. :laugh: I have heard more than a fair share of stories about that town. Just doesn't seem very appealing to me, that is all.

The "bad areas" of Milwaukee are very much contained to the north/northwest side of the city. And something those stats don't explain that the vast majority of the violent crime is gang-related. So, if you don't wear Vikings gear and you don't wear your gang colors and you stay away from North and 3rd you'll be just fine. The "stories" you've heard were likely exaggerated or fabricated.

From Wiki
Violent crime in Milwaukee has declined substantially since the late 1990s: For several years, Milwaukee ranked among the ten most dangerous large cities in the United States,[36] however in recent years, Milwaukee no longer appears among the top 25 most dangerous cities.
Says it all. Milwaukee is the 22nd largest city in the nation and is < 25 for crime.

Like Todd said, I will try to make it no matter where it is, as long as someone is up for the planning. I would love to make it happen in wisconsin, and would put my time and $ on the line for it.

About the crime in Milwaukee, if you are not related to anyone there, then you are fine. They only shoot at family :laugh:.

You folk from the NE, I would feel bad if it moved over another state and added 5-6 hrs to your trip.

Oh, and the dells would be sweet! My dad has a cabin 10 minutes from there and we could rock out with..... ah never mind :laugh:

I think the dells would a great place if SZ ever moved plenty of bars and hotels and things to do! The strip out there is nice to take a cruise on, I was just there and spotted 2 csvt's!

and cheap run down strip clubs where you can actually touch and smell the strippers :ponder:

Except there are no race tracks, drag strips, or dynos. Even with all the drinking at SZ, there are still car-related events.

I agree about there not being "car" related things around there, but I think some would appreciate not having to drive anymore once they are at the event and just walk the WI Dells strip. We could probably find a closed parking location to set up a autocross perhaps?!?!? Having a show and shine in the dells would probably bring strays that are there on vacation and it would turn out to be a huge event.
8+ mini golf courses
20+ hotels
20+ resturants
go karts every day
water rides
indoor water parks
carni type attractions

Lets have a car show that has nothing to do with the cars! Just have a show and shine :)

I think it would be a good idea to just plan to have a meet or something for everyone to come with the cars and have fun! I'm sure if we checked there's more then a few parking lots we could find to have a meet, no one would really have to drive seeing as there's so many places to go and do something other then cars. I would be down with helping put something together sometime if anybody would be interested!

No one went to the drag strip mostly because it was a special pricing night (on a Friday) where everyone and their cat would be racing. GLD would be relatively empty on a Thursday...

I wouldn't mind a Dells weekend, but a local* meet that's separate from Spring Zing. We could do something like the MI folks and have an EOSB in August/September. I would even take a Friday off of work or something depending on when.

* And by local I really mean anyone west of Lake Michigan

Most the people at the drag strip from CEG are folks from the area SZ is at because the people who came from far away don't want to break their shiz. I wouldn't drag, and I am local. I would hesitate for an autocross too because I wouldn't want to spin a bearing from oil starvation :shrug:.

Either way is cool for me, but the most bang for your bux and not beating on your car far away from home, I would have to vote for the Dells.

Spend the $ on fun attractions and awesome hotels rather than a dyno pull or two, a few drag runs to bald your tires and hurt your diffs. We could make it all about the people for the 10th anniversary in '09 because it is the people that hold this together, not the cars.... :ponder:

Most the people at the drag strip from CEG are folks from the area SZ is at because the people who came from far away don't want to break their shiz. I wouldn't drag, and I am local. I would hesitate for an autocross too because I wouldn't want to spin a bearing from oil starvation :shrug:.

Either way is cool for me, but the most bang for your bux and not beating on your car far away from home, I would have to vote for the Dells.

Spend the $ on fun attractions and awesome hotels rather than a dyno pull or two, a few drag runs to bald your tires and hurt your diffs. We could make it all about the people for the 10th anniversary in '09 because it is the people that hold this together, not the cars.... :ponder:

And all the cars are the same for the most part, so normally there isn't too much we haven't seen already.

oh, i got an idea..............lets have it in Southgate, MI.
Then I could walk there!
I have a playground in my apt. complex.
the YMCA down the street has rock climbing.
there's a bakery down the street.
oh, not to be left out......there's a NEW Lowe's less then 5 miles away.

ok, ok, i just felt like saying something stupid:nonono: .

laugh you fools!!!!:laugh:

Not feeling the dells as an option at all....This is SZ: a drag, dyno, and track event are required in my book, and none of that is going to happen out that way. Mike and i have been discussing this for years, we've looked at at just about every option IMHO....

Dells for a local meet, absolutely, SZ, absolutely not.

understandable - either way, I'm in. Just throwing options out there.

I think the entire SZ population needs to be asked IMHO - no matter how long it has been discussed by whoever.....

Everyone would probably vote for Indiana again. :shrug:

/discussion for me - I don't care, but if it is in WI I would like to help wherever I can for planning :)

Last edited:
Back