• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BAER Track Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the track kit from AAS about two weeks ago, before I found this thread.
I got it shipped for $826, I've been charged, but it still hasn't shipped. I had a call a week ago to confirm the contour's year, and it will be sent out right away.
I called 6/1 and I got the excuse that Baer was backordered and they're drop shipping it? they said it should ship on 6/3, but still no confirmation email.

Not saying that AAS is shady, but very poor customer service so far. Waiting in the dark sucks...

So my kit came in today. Boxed very well (from Baer). I haven't test fitted it yet, that will happen this weekend, but the rotors are drilled and slotted, calipers have the pads pre-installed.

I still never received a shipping notification email :shrug: but at least it showed up, just hope all the parts are correct.

I have been trying to figure out if the kit is available minus the rotors. Being Calipers, pads, brackets and Hardware. Does anyone has experience with this or know? Baer and AAS has no info.

I have been trying to figure out if the kit is available minus the rotors. Being Calipers, pads, brackets and Hardware. Does anyone has experience with this or know? Baer and AAS has no info.

i guarantee they will sell you just those parts. everyone i have talked to on the phone was cool as hell. real happy to talk to you and are extremely helpful

So, installed the kit today. Went on faster than expected, very straight forward. Ignore the install instructions, YES, that's right, as the ones that I got came with the Viper rear instructions. Anyway, if you can't figure it out just by looking, it maybe wise to pay a professional to do it :crazy: Like I said very easy to put on.

Did the break in procedure: 10 stops @ 40% pedal, then 10 stops @60% pedal, then 10mins of driving, then 10 stops @ 85-90% pedal, then 20mins driving to cool down. My friend who has a Nissan Spec-v Sentra with factory Brembros was in the car, and he was very impressed. Said it was damn close to his, in stopping power. (He was the one who sold me the Contour, he was a little jealous :laugh:)

Only time will tell how good they are, and how they hold up, but so far I'm all smiles. Now it's time for the rears. Not sure between the BAT CD/Slotted rotors w/ Mintex 1XXX pads, or the TCE rear kit? Anyone with experience let me know what I should do.

So, installed the kit today. Went on faster than expected, very straight forward. Ignore the install instructions, YES, that's right, as the ones that I got came with the Viper rear instructions. Anyway, if you can't figure it out just by looking, it maybe wise to pay a professional to do it :crazy: Like I said very easy to put on.

Did the break in procedure: 10 stops @ 40% pedal, then 10 stops @60% pedal, then 10mins of driving, then 10 stops @ 85-90% pedal, then 20mins driving to cool down. My friend who has a Nissan Spec-v Sentra with factory Brembros was in the car, and he was very impressed. Said it was damn close to his, in stopping power. (He was the one who sold me the Contour, he was a little jealous :laugh:)

Only time will tell how good they are, and how they hold up, but so far I'm all smiles. Now it's time for the rears. Not sure between the BAT CD/Slotted rotors w/ Mintex 1XXX pads, or the TCE rear kit? Anyone with experience let me know what I should do.
if you have the coin get the TCE rears

Money thankfully isn't in too short of supply, but I don't like waisting it either! (lots to buy still) As the rear brakes only do about 20%, will I really see that much of a difference between the BAT set vs. the TCE set??????

Money thankfully isn't in too short of supply, but I don't like waisting it either! (lots to buy still) As the rear brakes only do about 20%, will I really see that much of a difference between the BAT set vs. the TCE set??????

Why don't you just buy the NPG rear kit? Just get some front cross drilled/slotted rotors and install them on the rear... probably cheaper then the BAT kit and more efficient...

Why don't you just buy the NPG rear kit? Just get some front cross drilled/slotted rotors and install them on the rear... probably cheaper then the BAT kit and more efficient...

What does the kit do, and who sells it?

I just put on my the Baer kit :cry:
NewBrakes.jpg

Picked the kit up from Jegs for $753 shipped they price matched the Andy's Auto Sport price plus free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt know that. i advise any who plan to get this kit to do so the same way slowhatch did it. cos i called andy's and they're not even willing to honor the price on their own friggn website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back