• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I am a troll

Doug Christman

New CEG'er
Hi all, some of you Wisconsin peeps may remember me. I havent posted in quite a long time. But I just traded the contour in for a bright red 04 WRX w/ 17 inch ASA rims and a few other small mods. Had to get rid of the turbo back exhaust because I failed a visual inspection at the emmisions station even though I passed the obd2 scan (no cats)

Any way I was kind of sad to see the contour go I put over 100,000k on her and I bought it w/ over 50,000k but I do smile every time I get in the rex

I just wanted to say hi and thank all of you that helped me out through the last 5 or 6 years.

Also I have a few things left over from the contour for sale in the market place section in this midwest forum so be sure to check them out

congrats... I picked up a WRX about 3 weeks ago but still have my Contour... its gets about 1-2 days on the road and thats it...

I'm completely hooked on the WRX may it never leave my site. where in Wisco are you?

he is down by delafield, my old stompping grounds - I sold him my SE seats, back like in '02 I think....

Yep I live down by delafield but I actually bought the wrx out in madison on my way to a malards game. I am loving my wrx as well I cant wait for the snow now.

Thanks for those leather seats out of the 95 Joe they definatly hugged me a little tighter then the stock seats that were in my 98. They actually held up really good considering how many miles they had on them when I bought them, and how many more I put on you still got the egg plant?

So you all done with the apprenticeship Tony, I dont see the del sol in your sig you run her into the ground. yeah I still work in the same machine shop full time (7yrs. now) and go to school 2 nights a week. Thanks for the SVT center counsil with lid that I bought from you it actualy looked really good in my tour

Thanks for those leather seats out of the 95 Joe they definatly hugged me a little tighter then the stock seats that were in my 98. They actually held up really good considering how many miles they had on them when I bought them, and how many more I put on you still got the egg plant?

I sure do still have the EGPLNT - just turned over 210,000 miles today and looking sexier than ever!

So you all done with the apprenticeship Tony, I dont see the del sol in your sig you run her into the ground. yeah I still work in the same machine shop full time (7yrs. now) and go to school 2 nights a week. Thanks for the SVT center counsil with lid that I bought from you it actualy looked really good in my tour

This winter will be 5 years at the Journeymen level.....hmmm where did time go? eek. I actually sold/borrowed the del sol to a close friend. I got it back a year later when he moved out of state and drove it for another year. It's now running around Madison somewhere. I sold it shortly after I bought the house. Since then i got Married and this spring we just had a baby girl. I also have 2 step kids both in school so life is hectic for us. I remember when you came over that day and got the console. Thats when I knew I had to have a trubendz cat back! Good luck with the schooling the more the better. Can you get an apprenticeship of any kind thorugh your work? I actually worked at a machine shop for about 10 months last year doing maintenance there. I ended up packing up my stuff and walking out one morning it sucked there. i went back to MPI but I'm still lokking for a better job. I almost went to work where joe works. Take it east man.

This winter will be 5 years at the Journeymen level.....hmmm where did time go? eek. I actually sold/borrowed the del sol to a close friend. I got it back a year later when he moved out of state and drove it for another year. It's now running around Madison somewhere. I sold it shortly after I bought the house. Since then i got Married and this spring we just had a baby girl. I also have 2 step kids both in school so life is hectic for us. I remember when you came over that day and got the console. Thats when I knew I had to have a trubendz cat back! Good luck with the schooling the more the better. Can you get an apprenticeship of any kind thorugh your work? I actually worked at a machine shop for about 10 months last year doing maintenance there. I ended up packing up my stuff and walking out one morning it sucked there. i went back to MPI but I'm still lokking for a better job. I almost went to work where joe works. Take it east man.

Don't work by me. It smells....

Anderson machining smells worse...mmmmmmmmm nasty coolant. MPI isn't too bad just the smell of fineblanking oil :) and the sight of blithering idiots :(

all you need to find is a good deal ;)

if you truely want one let me know what your budget is and what guidelines are to be met... if I can find what your looking for I will let you know.

I looked for months and finally found one that was basically too good to pass up. Just make sure you have your financing or money in hand when it comes along.

I think I'm going to end up selling my SVT soon... thats how damned much I love my WRX -- the only thing I regret right now is not buying one years ago.

Last edited:
all you need to find is a good deal ;)

if you truely want one let me know what your budget is and what guidelines are to be met... if I can find what your looking for I will let you know.

I looked for months and finally found one that was basically too good to pass up. Just make sure you have your financing or money in hand when it comes along.

I think I'm going to end up selling my SVT soon... thats how damned much I love my WRX -- the only thing I regret right now is not buying one years ago.

you better give me a call before you put it up.......I want a few things.:cool:

Back