• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BAER Track Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Taken from the Wilwood brake thread:

OK Andys did not know that Baer raised the price on the brake kits but will still honor the price on their website!

They will go lower if we are able to purchase 5+ kits and will not go lower after that!!!

$733 per kit for the baer track kit(13" and two peice rotor) Then obviously there would be shipping!

It would be about 60 bucks shipping if they ship them individually to our houses or about $150 bucks per pallet freight over to somebodies house then they ship all of them to each of us!!!!

Compare the price of that to the Wilwoods!

- amyn

If Andy's is still willing to honor this deal, how many people would be interested? Since I'm not going to SZ and don't need to rush getting my parts installed anymore, I'm thinking about going for this deal and selling my new NPG front brake setup.

Who's interested?

IIRC, somebody purchased it and ended up getting a 1 peice non cross drilled/slotted rotor but stated that Andys was taking care of him. Make sure to be very very firm with what you want during the order.

- amyn

IIRC, somebody purchased it and ended up getting a 1 peice non cross drilled/slotted rotor but stated that Andys was taking care of him. Make sure to be very very firm with what you want during the order.

- amyn

BAER only offers the Track kit for the Contour/Mystique/Cougar platform. The Track kit uses a 1-piece 13" rotor. There is no 2-piece setup for us.

BAERKitMedium.jpg

BAERKit2Medium.jpg

Baer pretty much used generic stuff...even has a hub ring for my rotor so i immagine that if they make a track plus kit for the focus...that rotor would work for us as well. Just a thought..I didnt look to see if there was a kit for the focus just theorized.

BAER only offers the Track kit for the Contour/Mystique/Cougar platform. The Track kit uses a 1-piece 13" rotor. There is no 2-piece setup for us.

BAERKitMedium.jpg

BAERKit2Medium.jpg
That's incorrect. You can get the "Track" or the "Track-plus". I have the track-plus.. and have have seen others with it too.

That's incorrect. You can get the "Track" or the "Track-plus". I have the track-plus.. and have have seen others with it too.

Thank you. They probably just never added it to the catalog. All the cars that offer the Track and Track Plus list them seperately in the catalog.

these kits use a 2 piston PBR caliper, is that correct?

is there any reason why we can't use the svt focus brembo kit? i would rather have that

344-1A5-5004A1B.jpg

Last edited:
these kits use a 2 piston PBR caliper, is that correct?

is there any reason why we can't use the svt focus brembo kit? i would rather have that

The FSVT Brembo kit in theory should work fine w/ the contour provided you add the same 3-4mm shims that we use for the FSVT brake conversion.

The reason I say "in theory" is because I don't know of anyone that has tried it. The reason that no one has tried it, is that brembo kit costs more than most contours do these days.

- amyn

that would be me. it was like pulling teeth:nonono:. oh they don't make a track plus for us. for u to use the track plus, i think u'd have to switch suspension components. unless they recently added it to their catalog...(and am talking in the last few days), they only offer the track kit. morbid says he's got a plus kit. i'd like for him to post pix. what did he do to make it work?

The FSVT Brembo kit in theory should work fine w/ the contour provided you add the same 3-4mm shims that we use for the FSVT brake conversion.

The reason I say "in theory" is because I don't know of anyone that has tried it. The reason that no one has tried it, is that brembo kit costs more than most contours do these days.

This is true, besides the fact the pbr's probably provide more braking than the contour needs anyway. All i know is that last week at Summit Point I did not have enough braking, and I had tremendous fade. then again, it was stock brakes.

that would be me. it was like pulling teeth:nonono:. oh they don't make a track plus for us. for u to use the track plus, i think u'd have to switch suspension components. unless they recently added it to their catalog...(and am talking in the last few days), they only offer the track kit. morbid says he's got a plus kit. i'd like for him to post pix. what did he do to make it work?
"Track-plus" is the same kit as "track" except the rotor is a 2 piece. Nothing else is different. I've had them on since August 2006. You could even buy the "track" kit and later buy the 2 piece rotors... or buy the "track-plus" and later buy the 1 piece rotor.

Baerwithme.jpg

Last edited:
"Track-plus" is the same kit as "track" except the rotor is a 2 piece. Nothing else is different. I've had them on since August 2006. You could even buy the "track" kit and later buy the 2 piece rotors... or buy the "track-plus" and later buy the 1 piece rotor.

Baerwithme.jpg

thanx morbid. my mistake. the idiocy of those guys at andys auto sport rears its head once again. they told me they didnt make 2pc rotors for our cars. so i had to settle for the one piece. boy i tell ya:nonono:

what about a GB on the wilwoods @ TCE. i mean if everyone gets the same setup. Has anyone check on those. im not looking for a huge discount but $200-$300 off wouldnt be bad.

I've been searching high and low for the Track-Plus system and it doesn't appear to be made. I'm waiting to hear back from morbid with more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back