• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BAER Track Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this thread is old, but I wanted to update some information for anyone looking to buy a kit at some point.

There was some confusion about rotors and people thinking Andy's had screwed up.

Base kits:
1261006 - Track with Plain 1-piece rotors
4261003 - Track with Cross Drilled/Slotted 1-piece rotors

Upgrades:
0902005 - Plus upgrade (Cross Drilled/Slotted 2-piece rotors)

The kit listed on Andy's Auto Sport is exactly what BAD SVT was supposed to get. They sent the correct rotors for that part number, but unfortunately the product page doesn't specify that you'll be getting plain 1-piece rotors. It's something you have to know from the part number.

I have called BAER directly to confirm this information. There are other part numbers that can be used together with the base kits to change caliper colors or go with polished calipers. If needed, I can call and get the other part numbers but I think most are happy with the original color.

I just made my order last night (yeah finally) with Hawaii Racing. Track-Plus (13" Cross Drilled/Slotted 2-piece rotors) for $1199 shipped.

The kit listed on Andy's Auto Sport is exactly what BAD SVT was supposed to get. They sent the correct rotors for that part number, but unfortunately the product page doesn't specify that you'll be getting plain 1-piece rotors. It's something you have to know from the part number.[/quote]

I got mine from AAS before the prices went up, and I received the 1-piece slotted/drilled rotors, and the kit included the SS brake lines?

I got mine from AAS before the prices went up, and I received the 1-piece slotted/drilled rotors, and the kit included the SS brake lines?

Did you order before or after BAD SVT? It's possible they just automatically gave you the cross drilled rotors because of BAD SVT. I'm 100% positive that part number is for plain rotors though.

Did you order before or after BAD SVT? It's possible they just automatically gave you the cross drilled rotors because of BAD SVT. I'm 100% positive that part number is for plain rotors though.

I ordered it May 13th 2008

I ordered it May 13th 2008

mine was ordered around the same time too. not sure when exactly.

u're correct. heres the truth. i knew when i was ordering it, that the kit i was paying for was coming with the plain 1 piece rotors:). the website was right. however, it was the salesperson who screwed up cos i asked; "my kit comes with polished drilled n slotted rotors, right?" i specifically made sure i asked that question twice during the conversation. he answered affirmative both times. i had him hooked:laugh:. i made sure i got his name b4 i hung up. when my kit arrived with the one piece rotors, just like i expected, i called back to speak with the guy who said i was getting the drilled n slotted. he knew at that point he had to give them to me without me paying anything more. what can i say? i'm evil! lol.

I just picked up a car with a 13" baer kit with 2-pc rotors, and it needs new pads. are these the same as a cobra pad?

I just picked up a car with a 13" baer kit with 2-pc rotors, and it needs new pads. are these the same as a cobra pad?
Actually the Baer PBRs use the C4 Corvette (ZR1?) pads---at least they did in my Mustang application. However you can use the Cobra pads or any aftermarket pad for PBR calipers. I think you'll be fine with any of them unless you do alot of aggresive track days.
-J

Baer only for the Baer 2-piece rotor, but they should have a long life---I bought a used set with low miles and used them on 2 Cobras and they still looked new.
-J

Baer only for the Baer 2-piece rotor, but they should have a long life---I bought a used set with low miles and used them on 2 Cobras and they still looked new.
-J

yeah the car i bought was sitting for a while, they are pretty rusty

I doubt that would require them to be replaced, you probably just need them to be resurfaced.
Not every place will want to touch a rotor like that but it shouldn't be a problem.
You could also find a Baer distributor close to you if there is one.
-J

Hey just a heads up I found the Baer Brake kit at USABrakes.com they have the base kit selling at $829.17 w/shipping comes to $914.17. Most places are selling this kit at more then $950. They can sell the Track-Plus upgrade for an additional $300 if you want it.

There website check-out doesn't work so I had to call in my order.

My kit showed up today:

DSCF2984Medium.jpg

DSCF2991Medium.jpg

DSCF2995Medium.jpg

DSCF2998Medium.jpg

DSCF3005Medium.jpg

DSCF3010Medium.jpg

DSCF3016Medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back