• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BAER Track Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested as the SVT will need brakes at some point with this build I am doing as the old rotors and calipers were pretty much shot...

Just not sure as to when!

i remember a company on amazon.com sold the track plus kits. they were like $1200 at the time. i went back on and dont see them anymore. oh well

After talking to morbid, it turns out that the Track-Plus setup he is running was sourced from BAER directly. BAER hasn't officially released the Track-Plus setup in their product catalog, but they are available as a custom setup from BAER at any time.

That said, the kit coming from Andy's Auto Sport will be the standard Track kit. If in the future you would like to replace the rotors with a 2-piece setup, they can be sourced from BAER.

After talking to morbid, it turns out that the Track-Plus setup he is running was sourced from BAER directly. BAER hasn't officially released the Track-Plus setup in their product catalog, but they are available as a custom setup from BAER at any time.

That said, the kit coming from Andy's Auto Sport will be the standard Track kit. If in the future you would like to replace the rotors with a 2-piece setup, they can be sourced from BAER.

they didnt happen to get you a price, did they? i'll be needing rotors VERY soon. i assume its in the 600+ range

they didnt happen to get you a price, did they? i'll be needing rotors VERY soon. i assume its in the 600+ range

I haven't contacted BAER about the pricing on the rotors. morbid lives close to BAER and he bought his kit directly from them and that was what they told him when he bought the kit.

Ok... I wanted to clear up a bunch of the info here, so I called Baer. Here's what Rick Elam said (same guy I bought my kit from).

2 piece rotors by themselves are $575 a pair, or if you already have them.. the replacement rings are $192.62 each.

Baer won't directly do group buys, but he said to contact their preferred reseller -- Hawaii Racing (805-583-8880). He said to ask for Bill. He said he knows they will sell the track-plus... he also said some distributors only want to sell one kit (which sounds like what's been happening in this thread).

Part #'s :)
To get the track-plus, you need 2 part #'s. The first is the base kit, and the 2nd is the "plus"/2-piece upgrade.
Base: 1261006
Plus upgrade: 0902005

Used together, you shouldn't receive the 1 piece rotors.. only the 2 piece.

I hope that's clear... if any of that doesn't make sense, let me know.

edit: forgot the "Track-plus" retail price. If purchased directly from Baer, it would be $1295. I didn't ask what they sell the "Track" kit for.

sounds like it. thanx for clearing that up morbid. anyone know what the difference between the one and two piece rotor is? function wise i mean.
Just the weight. The 2 piece has an aluminum hat which is bolted to the iron ring. The 1 piece is all iron. I'm not sure of the weight difference, but I believe it is a decent amount. That's not saying the 2 piece is light... just not as heavy.

Just the weight. The 2 piece has an aluminum hat which is bolted to the iron ring. The 1 piece is all iron. I'm not sure of the weight difference, but I believe it is a decent amount. That's not saying the 2 piece is light... just not as heavy.

really? hmmm. i guess its a good thing they sent me the 1piece. i need all the extra weight i can get for my wheels to hold traction when in boost.

Well... I considered it double bad, but it depends on your goals and limitations (cost, etc).
1) that's extra unsprung weight; 2) that's extra rotating mass -- not as ideal for acceleration/braking.

Well... I considered it double bad, but it depends on your goals and limitations (cost, etc).
1) that's extra unsprung weight; 2) that's extra rotating mass -- not as ideal for acceleration/braking.

my point exactly. my goal is to keep wheel spin to a minimum. if the brakes somehow hold on to the wheels during acceleration, then thats what i want. i just played around with a 10sec turbo gmc sierra. of course i stood no chance. i was however able to reduce the gap when we took off the second time rolling. HAHAHA! WHEELSPIN IS MY ENEMY! AND IT SHALL BE DESTROYED! HAHA!:laugh:

I'm let this thread sit for a little while until all the SZ people return so we can maybe get a little more interest. I may also contact Hawaii Racing for pricing.

On my GTP my 13" 2 Piece Baer rotors were lighter then my 11" Stockers, but that's a different application.

Yeah, see if you can get a better price. I might be interested, after seeing todras at spring zing i kinda want a set!

12" is fine unless you road race. For those that don't know a lot about them the sweep area is identical since it uses the same PBR twin piston caliper. I can tell you the 13" rotors weigh a ton but when you stand on them at 80-90 you will stop right now lap after lap. Never had them fade or had fluid boil.

The track kit I had on my car was great. Stopping power like nothing I have ever driven. I'll be in for a set for sure since I'll be picking up another tour in the near future!

i think the sport is a smaller rotor so you dont need 17"+ wheels like you do with the 13" track kit could be wrong though:shrug:

So whats the status with this... is the GB going to officially open soon??? I need new brakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back