• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Prefered Fuel system cleaner?

I use Chevron Techron. My mechanic knows his stuff, and he told me he uses it too.

Redline. Some of the cheaper products are surfactants, and can play hell with the porcelain in your injectors.

I've never used any. 92 Octane from reliable gas stations is good enough for me ;)

But I've cleaned my intake manifolds with b12 chemtool and it works well. (and its cheaper than seafoam)

...But I've cleaned my intake manifolds with b12 chemtool and it works well. (and its cheaper than seafoam)

Berryman's is great for intake manifolds. Also oil and tranny pans. While working on a SHO, we used it to clean the trans pan. It took the fluid off and dissolved it with no help. Crazy toxic stuff. Don't get any in your gin and tonic. :cool:

Also don't use it as a disinfectant like Neosporin. Ask pole120 about that. ;)

I bet it still hurts when he thinks about it. My buddy used to use it to clean his hands at the shop. Instantly, you could see the skin crack. Simple green is much better for hands in a pinch. :cool:

Has anyone one here ever done damage to their car with one of these products?

Like I said, don't get it in your beverage, man. :cool:

I would not put Berryman's in my fuel system, for example. Too caustic. Stick with a reputable brand whose stated purpose is your ultimate goal and you should be fine.

Back