• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The SVT Might not make it to SZ!

Are you coming up to Manch at all this week?
like Mike said, we have our ramps leftover from the trailer, and we also have a decent amount of scrap plywood in the shed.
We also have the plywood pieces that we park our cars on in the winter.
IIRC, it's we got it pretty cheap from HD.

Don't wait til 6 am on the 13th to rig something up! slacker

Even if you're not coming up I can offer free courier services since I will be passing by that area a few times this week and again the weekend. lol.

thanks for the offer matt, but a truck would be needed to carry all that stuff.
i will play around this week and see what i can figure out.

I say you just run over it letting it scrape up the bottom of he car then get a free underside repair and paint job. J/K :laugh:

I'm sure you'll figure it out, you're an engineer right?

****bird. if you had known before they dug it all up, you could have kept the SVT at my house in the garage until SZ

Could you get a flatbed tow truck to get you to the highway? use AAA and they won't charge you.

I really don't get why they are just laying it on the surface instead of in a trench. That's what they did when they totally redid the lines by a friend's house, and they put reinforced plywood (or so it looked) over the trench.

I really don't get why they are just laying it on the surface instead of in a trench. That's what they did when they totally redid the lines by a friend's house, and they put reinforced plywood (or so it looked) over the trench.

Well this is what happens in Dumbassachusetts.

that would be too much work for them, plus it would involve diggin up people lawns and driveways, which i don't think they want to do yet.

well, after putting the car back on the ground tonight i drove it out front to see if i could make it over the mound.
it clears by a C-hair.
i think we will have to do the final packing of the car when it is in the street.
no way it will make it over the mound with more than just me in the car.

well that's good-ish news I suppose.
I wish we could have come down to help you mod the mound.

Amazing how quickly SZ has snuck up on us. So much to do, so little time.
I think dyno day will = detail day for us.
The car is not as clean as I would like it to be.
Plus I'm starting to feel sick again. :(

Back