• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The SVT Might not make it to SZ!

i seriously think the construction crew believes that everybody in the world drives 4x4 vehicles.
if their equipment can drive over it every other vehicle must be able to.
fuggers

yeah there was some talk of our wastewater making its way into the Merrimac river.

wanna go swimming?

Yeah but who cares. All that waste has to go somewhere. Waste doesn't disappear. It is likely that there isn't even a sufficient sized wastewater treatment plant to treat all the wastewater that you'd be piping in. In fact, if a WWTP gets backed up and can't handle the flow, it DOES just pump right into the receiving water. So what is the difference? :rolleyes:

But what's really important here is getting the SVT out. :laugh:

Have the construction workers lay down in two lines over that and use them as a ramp. Anyone that makes such an idiotic inconvenience for people they're supposed to be helping can' be any more useful than two planks of wood.:laugh:

Just thought of something...Could you maybe dig a smallish trench in the remains of your lawn next to the drive way and tuck the water line in, and then ramp yourself off the curb instead? I think this will work well :)

driveway3.JPG

What's the diameter of that pipe? My admittedly naive and overly simplistic suggestion would be to use some plywood leading up to the pipe from the side of your lawn, buttressed underneath by scrap wood. :shrug:

The entire situation does suck, though. :( Regardless, with the sheer number of engineers in NE-CEG (by far the highest in any of the car forums I visit), I feel absolutely comfortable betting that the SVT will indeed make it to SZ.

the pipe is about 6" in diameter.
i have pics from last night on my camera and i will put them up in a few.

tonight is going to be fun, its the first cruise night of the season that i want to take the hearse to.
it is going to sink all the way in that crap.
not fun!

:(

here is a pic of what the mound looked like last night.
i also just realized that it is so soft because it has sand under it!
driveway4.jpg

driveway3.jpg

Wow.. bunch of friggin' rocket scientists working on that, eh? I'd say go with a ramp, myself.

I can't believe they couldn't find a way to run it along the curb, though.

Back