• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PIcs of the now running "turbo fox"

Clean fox body! i love fox body's, my buddy has a 92 Lx Notchback with a paxton superger charger, and a huge perge valve.... i've never herad a car sound that mean before... the menacing sound of his cammed single chambered v8 followed by a Super-Charge whine, and Topped off with a nice loud TSH TSH TSH TSHHH... :drool:

one thing i dont particularly care for tho are the fogs. sorry if u mentioned anything about them i didnt read the whole thread, but you plan on getting original sized fogs to replace those ?

has anyone asked, or did i miss how much boost you run?

Boost varies depending on load, I get crazy boost creep. If I'm running through the gears it'll make 9 psi. If I am on the highway and roll on the throttle it'll make 14 psi, which is much more fun

Clean fox body! i love fox body's, my buddy has a 92 Lx Notchback with a paxton superger charger, and a huge perge valve.... i've never herad a car sound that mean before... the menacing sound of his cammed single chambered v8 followed by a Super-Charge whine, and Topped off with a nice loud TSH TSH TSH TSHHH... :drool:

one thing i dont particularly care for tho are the fogs. sorry if u mentioned anything about them i didnt read the whole thread, but you plan on getting original sized fogs to replace those ?

Yeah, I don't like them either. They were on there when I bought the car. Never could justify spending money on lights that worked, especially when looks plays second fiddle to power

dyno tonight, heres the result. I don't have the sheets scanned yet, hopefully tomorrow: Peaks: 380 hp and 460 lb-ft.

I think I had a boost leak, as peak boost was only 8 psi, between that, the stock cam, the lower compression ratio, and the non-lean factor is what I believe the hp drop is from .

Obviously we're all impressed with the car, that goes without saying, but I like the "attention to detail", i.e. that turbo decal on the fender, nice touch, looks factory! The car is very clean, but I'm surprised to see rust on the decklid, its just looks to clean to have anything on it. As far as the perf goes, well, mph is horsepower:cool:

Obviously we're all impressed with the car, that goes without saying, but I like the "attention to detail", i.e. that turbo decal on the fender, nice touch, looks factory! The car is very clean, but I'm surprised to see rust on the decklid, its just looks to clean to have anything on it. As far as the perf goes, well, mph is horsepower:cool:

The body is far from perfect, keyed on both doors, and the rust on the hatch. It's in need of a paint job, big time. It's never been a concern, as I never really was a perfectionist on paint by any stretch of the imagination.
I have never been able to find someone who could match the paint close enough to fix anything, so I am just waiting to do the whole thing over, with a fiberglass hatch that is.

the turbo decals are factory ford from an 83 mustang gt turbo, thats why they look factory.

1982-1983-1984-1985-1986-ford-mustang-16.jpg

Back