• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The SVT Might not make it to SZ!

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
That is if i can't get it over this.....
driveway1.JPG

driveway2.JPG

driveway3.JPG

The Mazda and the crown vic scrape going over it, even at extreme angles, the Mazda actually sunk into it a little today and didn't want to go over it at all.
this friggin road crew sux!!
they did $20K worth of damage to a neighbors house when they flooded his basement, they start the machines up at 5:40am and work until 8pm, they ripped the cable wire off my house leaving me without phone, cable, or internet for 2 days, they park machines right in front of my driveway so i cant get in or out, and the whole street is one huge mud puddle.
even if i did get the SVT out of the driveway, i would have to wash the underside of it from all the mud.
this sucks!!!

Why are they putting it on people's lawns?? When my grandparents had that last year, the pipe was laid next to the curb.
That road crew is ridiculous.

That is GARBAGE, Mike. I'd demand a new driveway at a meeting in town hall or something. Could Cobra possibly fit the trailer in the driveway and take it into the street that way? Doesn't look like there's enough room though. :(

Wait, is that pavement or dirt? Maybe a shovel, sawzall, and cover of the night is all you need to get out of there :laugh:
LOL ... IIRC, those are water pipes. He'd also be cutting off the street's water supply and creating a nice big flood next to his house's basement.

Oh - and it's dirt, or loose gravel asphalt. It will clean up. Maybe make a few stains on the driveway but nothing more.

Last edited:
That is GARBAGE, Mike. I'd demand a new driveway at a meeting in town hall or something. Could Cobra possibly fit the trailer in the driveway and take it into the street that way? Doesn't look like there's enough room though. :(

I would but I don't have the tailer anymore.

Mike, I have all that wood still for the custom ramps I made for the trailer. Let me know if you want to use that stuff.

Yeah I'm thinking you may need to work on a custom ramp to get over it.

I think mud is the least of your worries, especially with how filthy our cars get from the long drive to SZ.

this road crew has destroyed every lawn on the street by leaving those big steel walls they put in trenches on everyones lawn.

i figure i am going to have to build some type of ramp to get over it, its just going to stink to be doing it at 6am haha

if they had put it in the street in front of the curb, i don't think i would have had a problem.

what if you get your SVT out early and leave it at Mike and Kims or someone else place. that way its out of the garage, it can be cleaned and waiting for you to take off. then you are not making a ramp to get it out of the driveway at 6 am ?

what if you get your SVT out early and leave it at Mike and Kims or someone else place. that way its out of the garage, it can be cleaned and waiting for you to take off. then you are not making a ramp to get it out of the driveway at 6 am ?

I agree with Brian's logic :)

brian that would be great , but the extra driving time, although only about an hour, will quickly take its toll in the long run.

You guys seriously have the worst public works dept I have ever seen. That is absolutly retarded beyond all believe. Any particular reason why they are doing work like that? :rolleyes:

its not the city, it is a contractor that the city hired.

they are doing what they call a waste water separation.
right now the storm drains empty into the sewer, they are going to make them separate lines.
also in the process, the street got new gas lines, and will be getting new water lines, manholes, and storm drains.
they are also supposed to re-curb the street.

Wastewater separation is WORTHLESS unless the existing sewer lines are in need of repair! You've gotta be kidding. Environmental activists are probably pissed because not enough of the city's wastewater is getting treated before it gets disposed of into the receiving water. LAME LAME LAME.

yeah there was some talk of our wastewater making its way into the Merrimac river.

wanna go swimming?

Back