• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic Request: (If possible)

B.Brattina

Hard-core CEG'er
Random question, but coming from the VW community, it's sort of a trend to change out your boring headliner and replace it with a new print of choice.. Thinking about doing it to the 'tour just to screw around and see how it looks. Does anyone know if someone else has done it? I'd load up some pics of the VW's but i'm lazy and forgot my account names/etc. to host haha

ive been thinking of doing it to mine. i want to change it to mnb so it matches the carpet. the only thing ive found that would work is just to dye it.

Yeah I knew about the dye method.. Just seeing if anyone has put a wild print on it like burberry or something- I think it might be tacky on on the non-euro style though. Who knows

my buddy did a checkerboard style on his roof. we were thinking about doing mine in the same color but underneath it putting a big outline of SVT on it that would make it almost "stick out". it will be sick. anyways, i'll post a pic of that up someday this summer when we work on it.

I just went with black. :shrug:

PC080031.jpg

skulls looks dumb imho

YOU LOOK DUMB! J/k

I suppose you would hate this print..
hartsfabric_1999_60404743

We are working on installing it on my buddies black GTI. Has pink emblems and we are debating on pink'n the wheels.

I wish my car was black then i would have done this months ago.

I have great respect for the VW scene. I have 4 friends with mkiv Jettas, 2 of them being my closest friends and I have done all the work on one of them.

Some of the things I just don't get. Such as the staggered wheels on FWD. It looks sweet, but makes no sense. Or the crazy patterns on the headliner. Some do look good though.

I love the sound of a VR6 with exhaust :drool:

Will probably do suede sometime down the road.

Relatively easy to do and looks pretty hot :shrug:

After being through the euro crowd, some sort of creativity around here is over-due it seems... I might be doing something in the near future just to have fun haha-- Nice cash cab picture though

Some of the things I just don't get. Such as the staggered wheels on FWD. It looks sweet, but makes no sense.

We put staggered wheels for the same reason most tour owners put eyelids on. Cause it looks hawwwwwwwt. I love staggered wheel set up but i do think that 10" rears are too big for VWs.

Back