• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

End of Summer Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job Yamaha. Now We are gonna lock this thread and you are getting a warning for this part "so shut ur trap before the NE section shuts it for you. "

Congrats

changed it and once agian i apologize for threating

and did u really need to put that in the thread?? i didnt mean to threaten.

Last edited:
dude ur gehy.

ps. learn to be nice karma will come and get you someday

Oh the irony.

I do think the scoop would be better a tad lager, but A for effort. Most people don't dare cut into their hood.
Not diggin the blue either, but hey like I said A for effort.

I DO like the rims though!
The struts for the hood are a great idea, should get some on mine as the garage busted the rod on my car. Today while working on the Taurus did I realize hoe convenient it is not to have that thing in the way.

Last edited:
- Paitning the calipers bule is un upgrade?

- The wheels are nice, but the rest of the junk takes away from the effect of this improvement.

- The Mystique front lip ends a few inches early and doesn't blend with the front bumper at all. If you ask me, it looks worse than without it.

- Grill mesh......well whats the point of this mod???? To cut the bugs up before they hit the condensor?

- Functional hood scoop??? What is YOUR definition of "functional"? It pushes air behind the upper intake manifold. If anything it cools the firewall and mayve the top of the exhaust manifold. The hot air intake system, another swell mod, is to the far left and away from the scoop. IF the air filter was isolated and below the scoop, then I would call it functional.

- The springs are nice, the shocks, not so much and the dual exhaust (if it is a true dual with a properly designed X cross over) is nice too.

BUT just look at the car the way it is!!! What is you first impression?? Mine was stated earlier.

I really don't want to reply to this in a step-like process, but I guess I have to.

-Painting the calipers is an upgrade over stock because...well mine (as well as others) are nasty colored and look like hell through my very open wheels.

-The lip adds to the front end regardless of where it ends. Mirko's don't always fit the greatest, so I don't see a problem.

-As for the grille mesh, you're going to have to take that up with about 3/4 of the forum. Most of us have some sort of mesh.

-Yes, functional hood scoop. He did all the fiberglass work under the hood to direct it to the intake.

-His exhaust is the same as an SVT's.

-Big whoop, he didn't buy some fancy brand of struts. The car still has a nice stance and handles pretty good (I've ridden in it).

-My opinions is it's a modded Contour that belongs to a college student. He's doing what he can with the money he has on hand.

(I'm not sure if this post may cross some of the forum guidelines, but I'm not trying to start a flame war.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back