• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT rally car

Have you done any modification to the Ebrake system to help out in this kind of racing? I know mine got pretty junky after a winter of 'rallying'

The stock brakes work just fine. I just replaced the pads and rotors about 3k ago. I don't have an upgraded LSD. The stock one works pretty deceint, but a better one is in my future.

Last edited:
The stock brakes work just fine. I just replaced the pads and rotors about 3k ago. I don't have an upgraded LSD. The stock one works pretty deceint, but a better one is in my future.

Was just curious. I'd think a hydraulic Ebrake set up would really help rotate the rear end in the mud!

that is sweet! if i were you id glue in the jack point covers. then you dont have to worry about them falling out. that looks like so much fun! i kinda used to do that with my old zetec but there was no competition just me and a muddy field lol

so how does that fwd stand up against all those awd fellas? is it all in the tires or what?

The most important thing in any race is the driver. I'm nationally competitive on tarmac. I have yet to prove that at a national event, but I'm always on par with most of the national guys at local events. I don't suck on dirt, but I'm still figureing out where i can squeeze out some more speed. Then tires are thee second most important thing in any race. I've got that area covered. If I got all my runs in I would have ended up anywhere between 2nd to 4th overall at the rate I was going. That includes the twenty or so awd car drivers. But I did 5 and a half of eight runs so my ending result wasn't favorable. I had lots of fun, and it wasn't and event that the contingency sponsors were going to pay me for, so it doesn't matter. If I had a little more power and a car that was set up a little better, 1st isn't out of the picture. I don't plan on doing any national events in my contour nor sentra this year, so it's all practice anyway.

The most important thing in any race is the driver. I'm nationally competitive on tarmac. I have yet to prove that at a national event, but I'm always on par with most of the national guys at local events. I don't suck on dirt, but I'm still figureing out where i can squeeze out some more speed. Then tires are thee second most important thing in any race. I've got that area covered. If I got all my runs in I would have ended up anywhere between 2nd to 4th overall at the rate I was going. That includes the twenty or so awd car drivers. But I did 5 and a half of eight runs so my ending result wasn't favorable. I had lots of fun, and it wasn't and event that the contingency sponsors were going to pay me for, so it doesn't matter. If I had a little more power and a car that was set up a little better, 1st isn't out of the picture. I don't plan on doing any national events in my contour nor sentra this year, so it's all practice anyway.

Well that's good to hear. I like seeing cars do well in areas where they are generally looked down upon and proving you don't "need" awd/rwd to have some fun.

You should probably change out those heavy contour seats.

Over alll good job man. Those pics look really good. It seems your doing a great job representing the svt crowd.:cool:

Beleive me. I want new seats. I want a lot of things actually. But unless things are just given to me, it's going to take the rest of this year to get what i want. Seats are over 200 a peice. I can spend 500 dollars a little better for now. The time will come though. I'll keep everyone posted of the progress of this car. It takes a while though. It's almost been two years now since I started converting this car from a street car to a race car.

Back