• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HOLY CRAP!!!

ya new tires 150 miles ago ,truck only had 40k , it was my little mule. i miss it already:cry: . gonna have to go and get an 08 4x4 f350 4 door to make myself feel better:cool:

Geez, and they can't tell she was speeding? Screw the speeding and slap her with some reckless/careless driving.

Sucks about the truck. Going to try the lawyer route?

ive already got a nice trailer

so does steeda's neighboor...
secret.gif

anything more than the f350 is just retarded priced

Wow. I'm not sure of what to be more shocked to see- the Crown Vic having -any- front end at all after what you described, or your truck's wonderfully bent frame. And I mean bent! Christ!

Lawyer Time.

Wow. I'm not sure of what to be more shocked to see- the Crown Vic having -any- front end at all after what you described, or your truck's wonderfully bent frame. And I mean bent! Christ!

Lawyer Time.

oh the pics dont do justice the frame is wasted
you saw this truck not to long ago ben the bed on the drivers side is at my neck. it looks like i put a 2 foot lift on the one side:nonono:

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the truck. Good thing you weren't in it.

Unbelievable. Prolly they can't give her a ticket for speeding because they can't prove how fast she was going. Maybe at least she'll get something like failure to keep to the left.

the damage alone speaks for itself you can tell she was at high speed
the truck was pushed 3 houses down across an intersection up the curb and ended up on the whole other side of the street

Geez, and they can't tell she was speeding? Screw the speeding and slap her with some reckless/careless driving.

Sure they can tell she was speeding, proving it is another story. The PO wasn't there to clock her at the time of the accident. Why cite for speeding when it will get dropped in court.
Of course if she hit the brakes and left skid marks, they can tell about how fast she was going. If this happened, IDK.
She will probably receive a careless/reckless citation, or at least she should!

Sure they can tell she was speeding, proving it is another story. The PO wasn't there to clock her at the time of the accident. Why cite for speeding when it will get dropped in court.
Of course if she hit the brakes and left skid marks, they can tell about how fast she was going. If this happened, IDK.
She will probably receive a careless/reckless citation, or at least she should!

Yes, hence why I said screw the speeding ticket and slap on the careless/reckless.

You or your insurance company and of course your attorney should be able to get a copy of the police report within a few days ... documenting the damage that was done to your car .I am sure a possible ticket would be the smallest payment this "person " will have to pay out .

Your insurance company should handle all the legalities of getting compensation from the driver. I assume you have uninsured/underinsured coverage on your policy (not sure if it is required in all states)? If you do, you just report the accident to them, and they should get you your money. It will come from her insurance company if she's insured, or yours if she isn't.

both vehicles were insured but what an insurance company wants to pay is very different then what the truck was worth it was in amazing shape and had stupid low miles

They should factor in the low mileage when calculating the truck's value. You should collect up all the receipts for the recent work, including the tires. This will give you a little leverage when they inevitably come at you with a lowball figure. I once had a car totalled out (stolen and stripped), and I actually got more money than what the insurance company originally offered me.

Back