• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT rally car

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm posting the pics of the car before the race because people wanna see. It's bright here in sunny Florida so they diddn't come out great. I go rallycrossing tomorrow and will post the real pics then. Video will soon follow. Just in case anyone is wondering, I'll be puting in the roll cage, seats, harness, and fire supression system by the end of this summer so i can do stage rally in group 5. And no. I havent taken it over any sweet jumps yet. I'll post pictures and video when i do though.
DCFC0029.jpg

DCFC0031.jpg

DCFC0032.jpg

DCFC0033.jpg

Want to give me that body kit before its torn to bits?

Props for being different though.

Last edited:
Want to give me that body kit before its torn to bits?
I've already torn the bumper part out of the rear bumper cover, so it's already torn to bits a little. It weighed about 15 pounds. I'm geting regular bodywork before the next event. I'm keeping the svt bodywork for tarmac rallys and hpde/time trial events. I have a mirko spillter for road courses. The car just may be in the next grassroots motorsports magazine. I'll let everyone know.

Last edited:
Totally take off the body kit when your going to race it off road, put it back on when your going on a road course.

Or at the very least take the jack point covers off.

I only have a few pictures. Some phantom issues forced me to retire early. The issues are gone for now. The pictures are here. Video is soon to follow.
STP60529.jpg

STP60524.jpg

STP60516.jpg

STP60515.jpg

STP60514.jpg

I would step on the throttle and and shortly after loose almost all power. It did that a few times in one run. Then it was so bad that i was barley able to get the car off course under its own power. Then the problem went away. I decided to call it a day while the car was still working. I'll look more into it during the week.

Awesome! So glad to see someone doing something different with their SVT!
How'd you do other than the issues you already noted (hope you find out the issue, I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that can help you diagnose, I'm car illiterate other-wise I'd try and help)?
Can't wait for vid!

just still dont understand as to why an SVT and not a SE or something:confused: but you own the vehicle, so :shrug:

You said it exactly. I own a svt. Not a se. I have done many motorsports events in the past and have a need for a race car. Since I have a bunch of performance parts for it and 3 sets of wheels and tires for different events, it makes good financial sense to use what i already have.

You said it exactly. I own a svt. Not a se. I have done many motorsports events in the past and have a need for a race car. Since I have a bunch of performance parts for it and 3 sets of wheels and tires for different events, it makes good financial sense to use what i already have.

i agree with you.

looks like alot of fun. and keep us posted.

i think he was wondering why u aren't abusing an SE instead of an SVT:laugh:

Back