• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what percent tint

i have 35% all around and have been harassed a few times, i just pretend to not know the law, all the times i've been pulled over in my car was JUST because of the tints, o well they are quite sexy

wow thats only 35 %? that looks alot darker maybe like 20 percent, either way that looks nice!

35% Front - 25% Rear

Just to show how tint looks on a T-red contour.

2006-12-15_1.jpg

I have a buddy who is a county patrol officer. He ran his tint test machine thingy on my fronts, and they registered 28%.
This was shot just before dusk, which makes them look darker as would a cloudy day because there is no *direct* sunlight.
Just my 2 cents...
Erick --

DSCF0175_edit.JPG

is that 28 front and back because it looks darker in the back. im pretty sure im gonna go with 20 percent back 3 and 30 front, do you guys think that would look good or should I go 20 all the way around? thanks for the imput guys.

is that 28 front and back because it looks darker in the back. im pretty sure im gonna go with 20 percent back 3 and 30 front, do you guys think that would look good or should I go 20 all the way around? thanks for the imput guys.

20 all around looks great on any car. Depending on your tolerance to night time driving with tint depends on how the fronts are. I would go with 20 all around. Saves the interior in the summer.

35% fronts and 20% rears on my SVT when I bought it. Looked beautiful. Had to rip it all off to pass NH inspection (none on front, 35% on rear). :mad:

also 35% IIRC

100_0595.jpg

100_0596.jpg
Oh ya Now I know what my car will look like with 35% Sweet. I have a mirror tint on there now it was like that when I bought it and I hate it and have been harassed a good bit by the Alabama State Troopers Because of it. Ugh I need to change that crap!

ahowie that is crazy, do you get crap from the po pos? isn't michigan law no front tint?

yea michigan law says no front tint, but when your girlfriends dad is a cop and can sign off on your fix it tickets....

or just be quick about rolling your windows down when u see a cop and hope its not raining or cold outside

well I think it all depends on the location your in. I never once got pulled over for tint on my old camaro and that had 20 percent on the side windows.

well I got it done ladies(?) and gents. check out the pics forum to see what it looks like. I went with 20 percent all the way around. thanks for the help ya'll.

Back