• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Northern MN meet?

Yeah its pretty nice up by the border. I have made runs up there for work.. But anyways...

I am not very good at finding places to take pics.. :(

Maybe we should hit the scenic highway that runs along the top of the hill....can't remember what it is called. There are a few stops along the way with the Lake

Duluth photo ops:

West duluth: industrial, ore docks, run down backgrounds (cool), the oliver bridge. the rail yard areas

Downtown and canal park: at night is an awesome place for photos

park point: more sand :D

SKyline and hawks ridge are good.

east duluth: find some estates and park in front :laugh:

proctor: in front of the train

up the shore: the park as you are leaving duluth, always some good lake action. stops along the way toward tweo harbors, the water plant is pretty cool, ive always wanted to shoot there.

two harbors: the waterfront, the depot, the trains

silver creak cliff tunnel, the cliffs along the way

i could keep going :)

Duluth photo ops:

West duluth: industrial, ore docks, run down backgrounds (cool), the oliver bridge. the rail yard areas

Downtown and canal park: at night is an awesome place for photos

park point: more sand :D

SKyline and hawks ridge are good.

east duluth: find some estates and park in front :laugh:

proctor: in front of the train

up the shore: the park as you are leaving duluth, always some good lake action. stops along the way toward tweo harbors, the water plant is pretty cool, ive always wanted to shoot there.

two harbors: the waterfront, the depot, the trains

silver creak cliff tunnel, the cliffs along the way

i could keep going :)

tunnels would be cool. also there is the mini harbor thing just after one of the tunnels on a corner....that would be a great spot.

i think i may go out this weekend and check out some of the places ive been thinking of. look for pics this weekend if it is nice out :)

well, after i fix the ricer :)

I just had a though! You should take some footage of us driving around and then throw some music into it like you did when you took a spin to Superior and back.

I just had a though! You should take some footage of us driving around and then throw some music into it like you did when you took a spin to Superior and back.

yeah, thats a good idea. i want to get a REAL video camera, but that will come in time. btw, i got a 2 gig memory card now so i can shoot almost 18 minutes on my point and shoot camera (the one ive been using for video).

i think if we have a meet up here, we should hit up hwy 210 that goes through jay cooke state park. (shot a video of that with the svt on youtube.)

great road, could be pretty cool :)

i didnt get to shoot any pics this weekend of locations, it was raining and foggy and crappy all weekend. maybe later this week.

So I noticed no where in this thread does anyone mention a time frame other than "summer" :laugh: What time of year works best for people? I think photo opportunities would be better when the trees at least have some leaves on them... and maybe when they start to turn for fall.

So I noticed no where in this thread does anyone mention a time frame other than "summer" :laugh: What time of year works best for people? I think photo opportunities would be better when the trees at least have some leaves on them... and maybe when they start to turn for fall.

I was thinking either June or August since most people are busy in July. To try and plan it around when the leaves start changing would be tough. There is normally only like a 2 week window when the colors are good but it would be soooooo worth it.

Back