• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dear Ford,

OP fails. I should have known; I should have read his previous posts. Who whines about suspension and brakes? Big f***ing deal. Who whines about an ALTERNATOR? It's not like any of these thing are going to last forever on a car. Uh oh, my battery just died, time to sell my car :rolleyes:
Agreed. The 3rd gear grind is uncool but not unique to the Contour, especially at 142K miles. The rest of them (excepting maybe the alternator) were mere maintenance items!

alt's are maint. items too. they're not goint to last forever on ANY car.
while i wont be a smartass like some of our members i will agree that keeping up w/wear and tear items such as brakes/shock/batteries..etc goes along way. you'll spend the same whether you do it all at once,or here and there.....butttttttttttttt it wont hurt as much as its only 30 dollars here...75 there. rather thand 600 a pop:shrug:
just my 2cents

I think most of you all are just beating around the bush so I'll just come out and say it....(I'll make this quick, it's a bit of a rant.)

Stop crying, you have a car with 142,000 miles and you're menstrating about standard wear items, so grow some balls and sell your car.....

to me for $601

You guys are all being jerks.
He's really upset about these wear and tear items on his car... maybe this is his first car and he doesn't know about things like brake pads, and rotors that do not last the lifetime of the owner. I think you should all give him a break and pat him on the back for posting his rant.

Jerks!!

I'll go $603. :crazy: :troutslap:

ill take it for 610, even though Im still trying to get over the quote " I wish a dump truck would fall from the sky and crush it" I said I would tow it away for the OP.:shrug:

to the OP, you are one big time looser. You have got to be kidding posting this flame me thread about normal wear issues on a car with that mileage, it's seems to me she has done her job well, considering being owned by an azzhat who isn't in it for the long haul. do yourself a favor and learn about leasing since you can't handle wear and tear, and take one of these guys offers and put it towards the lease and let her go to a respectful owner. I don't mean to go off but man you asked for it with this post.

Um...Maintenance Items need to be MAINTAINED. They need periodic checking possible replacing from being warn after usage!

Is there a "Buy It Now" button?? :ponder:

$750 for the auction that has come into play!

:laugh:

I'll make this quick. It's a bit of a rant.

I hate you for producing this worthless hunk of excrement and then so callously offering it for sale to the unsuspecting public as a "passenger auto". It's been the single largest financial mistake of my life. Each time I try to wrench my money's worth from a repair bill, something else comes along to remind me of what a piece of crap you've built. It's let me down more times than I can count. My roadside assistance probably wont renew my service. Each time I spot it in a parking lot all alone, I pray for a dump truck to fall from the sky. I hate this car. If hate were people, I'd be China.

The day I sign the title over to some other undeserving fool will be among the happiest days of my life.

Signed,
Soon-to-be-EX-SVT-Contour-Owner

i feel the same as you dude. poorly made cars. the newr stuff is goo though imo. like the edge and fusion and mustang

i feel the same as you dude. poorly made cars. the newr stuff is goo though imo. like the edge and fusion and mustang
What, are you sucking up so he'll sell it to you. :D
To the OP I'm curious what sparked this rant, seems like you didn't think too much before posting on a ford enthusiasts site.

Sheesh, I guess tongue in cheek got lost in translation. Truth in jest maybe?

What, are you sucking up so he'll sell it to you. :D
To the OP I'm curious what sparked this rant, seems like you didn't think too much before posting on a ford enthusiasts site.

What sparked this rant? It got cold and wet out and the electronics started tripping balls. Again. I don't have the time or expertise to sort it out so I'm looking at another hefty repair bill and another serious inconvenience.

I didn't post looking to win a popularity contest. I had an opinion about the common denominator here and shared it.

Look kiddies, I wouldn't be here "whining" if all that were wrong were maintenance issues. I've been burned too many times by this car. I've been dealing with this current crap for the last 30 or 40k miles. As far as that post that was dug up - that's quite outdated and isn't indicative about my overall experience with the car. The maintenance issues I am knowingly ignoring have zilch to do with this rant. Take it or leave it at that, I'm not going to split hairs on this subject over the internet. If it made financial sense to sell the car right now, I would do it without hesitation. Given my current goals, I'm better off trudging through for the time being.

Again, I realize I'm in the minority, but this isn't a performance car to me. I bought it as something more practical to haul a munchkin around. It was sporty and had some pretty decent features for a good price. It was even pretty reliable for couple of years. It seems like my experience is the exception, but that doesn't make it any less valid. I've just got priorities in my life other than cars - yeah, my next car will probably be some amorphous blob like a Civic - nice and boring and hopefully reliable.

Back