• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dear Ford,

If it made financial sense to sell the car right now, I would do it without hesitation.
- yeah, my next car will probably be some amorphous blob like a Civic - nice and boring and hopefully reliable.

1003? That should buy a civic:shrug:

blaaaaaaaaa :cry: blaaaaaaaaa :cry: blaaaaaaaa :cry: blaaaaaaaaaa

but this isn't a performance car to me.

Then why did you buy an SVT, should of bought a regular 2.5L contour.

You shouldn't be driving a car period since you live in a little la la land where cars are indestructible. Your whining is annoying.

You guys are forgetting it has 143000 miles and 3rd gear grind along with an overall worn out trans. Who knows what that thing looks like anyways. $550 is a top offer for me. You guys can enjoy overpaying. :)

thats why i only offered 500:eek:

i can happily say that i have a 99 csvt with 107K and have had to do nothing big to it to keep it in top shape. its been very reliable. the biggest were LCA's. but i did that myself as i have done almost everything else myself. the money saved is just amazing, and its quite fun to do as well. i think its all in how the car has been treated through its years. not just the miles.

theres a catch 22 with used Honda's and Toyota's. you have your drivers that bought that car because they "are so reliable" and think they don't have to do anything to them to keep them going. then those used ones go for sale with alot of problems from lack of maintenance. but don't get me wrong we have an 02 Camry XLE and a 04 highlander limited. they have been extremely reliable. the Camry has 112K and has only had new brakes. and still drives like new.

Last edited:
:cry: :cry: :cry: I had to put air in my tires this morning after 125k miles:cry: :cry: :cry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I think it is time to put old yeller down if you had to do that. I will buy it off of you for $2500. :laugh: After all, all I am getting is an unreliable 10 year old car, right?

my e1 se has 150K on it, misfires from time to time...heater and ac stoped working the other day, and i'm only getting like 28mpg....think i'll just burn it :laugh:

oh yeah and the damn tires are getting low! WTF???

i can happily say that i have a 99 csvt with 107K and have had to do nothing big to it to keep it in top shape. its been very reliable. the biggest were LCA's. but i did that myself as i have done almost everything else myself. the money saved is just amazing, and its quite fun to do as well. i think its all in how the car has been treated through its years. not just the miles.

Ditto... my 98 SE Sport has had 0 problems from the day I got it 8 years ago other then regular maintenance and recalls. The only time I've had to get anything major done to it was the 2 times I've been rear ended, until recently when the clutch went out @ 158k and the pre-cats went bad @ 153k... :crazy:

Back