• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power window - Problem

jtour

CEG'er
My driver side window fell off the track. I have placed it back on the track but the problem now is that it does not fit nice and snug on the clip that holds the window. When I put the window up and down it falls off the track again. Is there glue or any other product that I should apply to keep the window from falling off the track?

Thanks in advance.

lol @ glue. i don't have power windows on my tour, but you shouldn't need to use glue to hold your window in place. look closer, something's broken or not in place. maybe somebody else can tone in here?

It sounds like the regulator needs to be replaced. Do a search for regulator or see the thread link below. I've replaced my driver's side. It's not easy but I saved probably $150 by doing it myself.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=14400&highlight=power+regulator

Last month wifey tried to put down her window - but on pressing the button - the window literally voiced its dissapproval by letting out this horrible GRINDNG noise and only coming down 2-3 inches or so. She stopped pressing and we both looked at one another. (huh?!)

I got out and, whilst she pressed the button for 'up' - it gave the grinding noise again - as I helped it go back up using both palms 'pressed together' on the pane. (We figured it would be better to have a NON-functional window but UP all the time -- for obvious reasons.)

Doing a search here on CEG pointed to a busted 'power window regulator' -- so I got a brand new one on ebay ($80 + 15 S+H).

Since the car was due its yearly inspection -- I asked the wrenches - since they'd have the car for a couple of days -- to ALSO install the new regulator -- and that the part was in the trunk, handy-dandy like.

The part fitted fine and now her window is, now, NO longer a .....pane.

:)

Gerry

Back